Terms of Service
- General Terms of Service
- Underage Policy
- Unfair Advantage Policy
- Third-Party Content Policy
- Reward Plan Terms and Conditions ("Reward Plan")
- Player Account
- General Disconnection and Game Cancellation Policy
- Player Protection (Responsible Gaming)
- Cash Out Terms and Conditions
- Auto & Notify Cash Out Terms and Conditions
- Edit My Bet Terms and Conditions
- Sports Rewards - Terms and Conditions
- Sports Rewards - Bonus Bet - Terms and Conditions
- Same Game Parlay Terms & Conditions
- Odds Boost
on.BetMGM.ca – Ontario Online Gaming Services (“Terms of Service”)
Last Updated May 25, 2023
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCEPTING THE AGREEMENTS (AS DEFINED BELOW), THEN PRINT THESE TERMS OF SERVICE AND STORE THEM ALONG WITH ALL CONFIRMATION E-MAILS, ADDITIONAL TERMS, TRANSACTION DATA, GAME RULES AND PAYMENT METHODS RELEVANT TO YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORMS AND/OR SERVICES (AS EACH SUCH TERM IS DEFINED BELOW). THESE TERMS OF SERVICE ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME (AS SET OUT BELOW). BY ACCEPTING THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND ACCEPT THE AGREEMENTS WITHOUT MODIFICATION. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THE AGREEMENTS WITHOUT MODIFICATION, DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS OF SERVICE AND DO NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES (AS DEFINED BELOW). IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE AGREEMENTS, PLEASE SEEK INDEPENDENT LEGAL COUNSEL BEFORE AGREEING TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE OR ACCESSING/ USING THE SERVICES.
You accept to be bound by this contract when you create an account, otherwise click to acknowledge, agree and/or accept these Terms of Service, and/or use the Services (as that term is hereinafter defined). After You (as that term is hereinafter defined) create an account, otherwise click to acknowledge, agree and/or accept these Terms of Service, or when You use the Services, a legally binding agreement on these Terms of Service is entered into between, (a) You, the end user (‘You’ or ‘Your’ as applicable) and (b) BetMGM Canada Inc., located at 100 King Street West, 1 First Canadian Place, Suite 6200, Toronto, ON M5X 1B8 (‘BetMGM’, ‘We’, ‘Us’ or ‘Our’ as appropriate).
These Agreements (as that term is hereinafter defined) govern the use of the Services in the Province of Ontario.
You acknowledge and understand that the Services are conducted and managed by iGaming Ontario, an agency of the Government of Ontario that conducts and manages internet gaming in the Province of Ontario, and that We have been appointed and authorized by iGaming Ontario to operate such Services and the Platform on behalf of and as an agent for iGaming Ontario, pursuant to BetMGM’s registration with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario. BetMGM is authorized, pursuant to such registration, to operate Online Sports Wagering in the Province of Ontario. The Services are provided by BetMGM (where BetMGM is an indirect, partially-owned subsidiary joint venture of MGM Resorts International (‘MGM’)) and are marketed under brands owned by MGM. These Agreements are at all times subject to the authority of iGaming Ontario.
These Agreements apply to the following online gaming websites: casino.on.BetMGM.ca, sports.on.BetMGM.ca, poker.on.BetMGM.ca, and any other online or mobile platform provided by Us (each individual site being a ‘Platform’ and together the ‘Platforms’) on which You access Our betting, gaming and wagering services (‘Services’).
In the event that You have any complaints, claims or disputes with regard to any outcome regarding the Services or any other activity performed by Us, You should immediately contact Us in accordance with Section 28 below.
In the event of any conflict between these Terms of Service and: (i) any of the other documents that form part of the Agreements, such other documents shall prevail; (ii) any of the Rules, the Rules shall prevail, and; (iii) any of the Documentation, these Terms of Service shall prevail.
The gaming services are the services provided by Us via the following Platforms: casino.on.BetMGM.ca, sports.on.BetMGM.ca, poker.on.BetMGM.ca, and any other gaming platforms provided by Us from time to time (together the ‘Gaming Services’).
If You are using or intending to use the Gaming Services, You must do so in accordance with Section 34 of these Terms of Service, which applies specifically to the Gaming Services. We may be required to make changes to these Terms of Service and/or the Services at any time at the request of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario or iGaming Ontario.
1. APPLICABILITY OF AGREEMENTS
By using the Services, and/or by clicking to acknowledge/accept that You have read these Agreements when You register to join, and/or when You install any of the software relating to the Services provided via the Platforms, and/or or when You register for Your Account, You agree to comply with these Agreements, and You acknowledge that Your failure to comply with these Agreements may result in disqualification, the closure of Your Account (hereafter as defined in Section 20 and Section 21 below), forfeiture of funds and/or legal action against You, as appropriate and as further specified in these Agreements. You acknowledge that if You accept these Agreements, We will start providing You with the benefit of the Services immediately. As a consequence of this, if You accept these Agreements when registering for the Services, You will not be able to cancel Your registration later, although You can terminate these Agreements and close Your Account in accordance with Section 21 below.
2. LEGALITY OF USE OF THE SERVICES
2.1. You may only use the Services if You are 19 years of age or over, located in the Province of Ontario, and it is legal for You to do so according to the laws of the Province of Ontario. You confirm that You are not accessing the Services from a province or foreign jurisdiction outside of Ontario at the time of placing a bet or participating in a game. You understand and accept that We are unable to provide You with any legal advice or assurances and that it is Your sole responsibility to always ensure that You comply with the laws that govern You and that You have the complete legal right to use the Services. You hereby acknowledge that in the Province of Ontario a person who is under the age of 19 is prohibited from participating in internet or mobile wagering. Any use of the Services is at Your sole option, discretion and risk. By using the Services, You acknowledge that You do not find the Services to be offensive, objectionable, unfair, or indecent in any way. Whenever the Terms of Service that apply to interactive gaming are changed, BetMGM shall require You to acknowledge acceptance of the changes via an acknowledgement pop-up. Your acknowledgement shall be date-and-time stamped by the interactive gaming system.
2.2. Any person within the Province of Ontario under the age of 19 who engages in online wagering, or any person who facilitates or enables someone under the age of 19 to gamble, shall be prohibited from internet gaming, and will be subject to disciplinary action.
2.3. Persons physically located outside of Ontario are prohibited by law from engaging in internet wagering in Ontario. A patron’s wagering session connection will be terminated immediately if the patron device is removed from the boundaries of the Province of Ontario.
3.1. To use the Services, You will first need to register an account with Us. You may access any of the Services from Your Account (as defined below). You are prohibited from allowing any other person to access or use Your Account. In addition, You can only place a bet through the Services after You have opened an Account, Your identity has been verified, and You have deposited sufficient funds in Your Account. Before participating in any game play, You will also be required to affirm that You are fit to play.
3.2. When we verify Your identity when You first register Your Account with us, we share certain information with Canadian credit bureaus, such as TransUnion Canada (via our service provider, Aristotle) and Equifax Canada (via our service provider, GBGroup), in order to validate ID as required by applicable federal law. We will also use a third-party service provider, Jumio, where necessary, who will assist with verifying the details of your government-issued photo-identification and proof of address documents as required under applicable law. Further information about how these credit bureaus and third-party service providers treat your information can be found on their relevant websites.
3.3. You can open an Account with Us by choosing a unique account name and password and entering other information that We ask for on Our registration form, such as (but not limited to) Your first and last name, physical address, e-mail, gender, birth date and telephone number (an ‘Account’). You must also inform Us if you are a domestic politically exposed person in Canada (‘domestic PEP’), a foreign politically exposed person (‘foreign PEP’), a head of an international organization (‘HIO’; together with domestic and foreign PEPs, ‘PEP/HIO’), or the family member or close associate of a PEP or HIO (a ‘PEP/HIO Related Person’) at the time You register and open Your Account. You must immediately notify Us if Your PEP/HIO or PEP/HIO Related Person status changes at any time while Your Account is open. For the purposes of this Section:
- A foreign PEP includes an individual holding the following offices or positions in or on behalf of a foreign state: (i) Head of state or head of government, (ii) Member of the executive council of government or member of a legislature, (iii) Deputy minister or equivalent rank Ambassador, attaché or counsellor of an ambassador, (iv) Military officer with a rank of general or above, (v) President of a state-owned company or a state-owned bank, (vi) Head of a government agency, (vii) Judge of a supreme court, constitutional court, or other court of last resort, and (viii) Leader or president of a political party represented in a legislature;
- A domestic PEP is a person who currently holds, or has held within the last five years, the following positions in or on behalf of the Canadian federal government, a Canadian provincial (or territorial) government, or a Canadian municipal government: (i) Governor General, lieutenant governor or head of government, (ii) Member of the Senate or House of Commons or member of a legislature, (iii) Deputy minister or equivalent rank, (iv) Ambassador, or attaché or counsellor of an ambassador, (v) Military officer with a rank of general or above, (vi) President of a corporation that is wholly owned directly by Her Majesty in right of Canada or a province, (vii) Head of a government agency, (viii) Judge of an appellate court in a province, the Federal Court of Appeal or the Supreme Court of Canada, (xi) Leader or president of a political party represented in a legislature, and (x) Mayor;
- A HIO is a person who is (or was within the past five years) the primary person who leads an international organization, and the international organization that they are or were the head of is either: (i) An international organization established by the governments of states; or (ii) An institution established by an international organization;
- A family member of a PEP or HIO includes: (i) Their spouse or common-law partner, or ex-spouse or former common-law partner, (ii) Their biological or adoptive child(ren), (iii) Their mother(s) or father(s), (iv) The mother(s) or father(s) of their spouse or common-law partner (mother-in-law or father-in-law), (v) Their siblings; and
- A close associate of a PEP or HIO includes persons who: (i) Are business partners of, or who beneficially own or control a business with, a PEP or HIO, (ii) Are in a romantic relationship with a PEP or HIO; (iii) Are involved in financial transactions with a PEP or HIO, (iv) Serve as a member of the same board as a PEP or HIO, (v) Carry out charitable works closely with a PEP or HIO, and (vi) Are listed as joint on a policy where one of the holders may be a PEP or HIO.
3.5. There are no set-up charges for opening Your Account. We are not a bank and funds are not insured by any government agency. All payments to and from Your Account must be paid in Canadian dollars. Please note that interest is not payable on your funds. You shall ensure that all payments into Your Account are from a payment source for which You are the named account holder.
3.6. You can contact BetMGM Customer Service at any time to obtain Your account and game history. You may also access Your account and game history by logging into Your account and accessing “My Account” and following the prompts for “My Transactions” and/or “Cashier”.
3.8. To place a bet or play a game, You will be required to deposit ‘real money’ funds into Your Account by any of the following methods: (a) a deposit account; (b) a credit or debit card, which has been registered and verified pursuant to the requirements of the issuer; (c) cash complimentaries, promotional credits, or bonus credits; (d) winnings during a gaming session; (e) adjustments made by BetMGM with documented notification to You; (f) ACH transfer; (g) wire transfer; and (h) any other means approved by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario or iGaming Ontario. Such funds will be deposited into Your Account upon actual receipt of funds by Us or Our agents. Minimum and maximum limits may be applied to the payments into Your Account, depending upon Your history with Us, the method of deposit, and other factors as determined solely by Us. For further details of current deposit and withdrawal options and fees, please see the Cashier.
BetMGM does not charge You any fees for using a credit card as an account funding method. However, please be aware that Your credit card company may treat this transaction as a cash advance and charge You cash advance fees that may appear on Your credit card statement.
All deposits into Your Account are subject to appropriate verifications and authorizations to ensure that they are appropriately authorized by a financial services provider. In the case of suspected or fraudulent activity, We may suspend or terminate Your Account and may refund or refuse to refund any monies contained in Your Account in our sole and absolute discretion.
In connection with making any deposit, You represent that:
- All money that You deposit in Your Account originates from a payment source of which You are the legal owner.
- All money that You deposit in Your Account is free from and unconnected to any illegality and, in particular, does not originate from any illegal activity or source.
- All payments made into Your Account are authorized and You will not attempt to reverse a payment made into Your Account or take any action which will cause such a payment to be reversed by a third party in order to avoid any legitimate liability.
- You accept that all transactions may be checked for the detection of money laundering and that any transactions made by You may be reported to the appropriate authorities pursuant to applicable law.
3.9. You can request withdrawals from Your Account at any time, provided all payments made have been received (see Cashier). We will process your withdrawal as soon as reasonably possible, subject to appropriate authorizations and verifications. We will pay any requested withdrawal using the same method used to deposit funds in Your Account, whenever this is possible. If the original method used is not available, We will ask You to provide information regarding a second account, along with documentation evidencing that You are the legal holder of the account. Upon withdrawing funds, Your own bank or other payment provider may add a further handling charge which may vary over time and for which You remain responsible. When using a credit/debit card to make a deposit, We may elect not to accept any withdrawal request within fourteen (14) days after the deposit.
3.10. To use certain Services, You may first need to download and install software as provided on the relevant Platform.
3.11. Account statements are available, which detail Your Account activity. These statements can be found by logging into Your Account and clicking on “My Transactions”. If We make any adjustments to Your Account Balance, We will provide You with the reasons for the adjustment.
4. TRUE IDENTITY AND ONE ACCOUNT
The name on Your Account must match Your true and legal name and identity, and the name on Your Account registration must match the name on the card(s) or other payment accounts used to deposit or receive monies into Your Account. To verify Your identity, We reserve the right to request satisfactory proof of identity (including, but not limited to, copies of a valid passport/identity card and any payment cards used) and satisfactory proof of address (including, but not limited to, a recent utility bill or bank statement) at any time. Failure to supply such documentation may result in suspension of Your Account. You consent to have Your age and identity verified by Us, and You acknowledge verifications associated with internet or mobile gaming may result in a negative impact on Your credit report. You will not be permitted to open an Account if You fail to supply Us with such documentation. You may not hold more than one (1) Account in connection with Your use of any Platform. We reserve the right to close Your Account(s) if You open multiple Accounts. If We have reasonable grounds to believe that multiple Accounts have been opened with the intention to defraud Us, We reserve the right to cancel any transaction related to said fraud attempt. If You have lost Your Account name or password, please Contact Us for a replacement.
5. PERSONS PROHIBITED FROM ESTABLISHING AN ACCOUNT
5.1. You acknowledge that We are a United States company and conduct operations in the Province of Ontario subject to a license from the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario. As such, We are prohibited from providing services to certain “unauthorized persons” (listed below).
5.2. The following persons (each an ‘Unauthorized Person’) are not permitted to establish an internet or mobile gaming Account, or to use directly or indirectly any of the Services:
- Any individual under 19 years of age.
- Any individual that has advised Us that they are participating in the self-exclusion process, as described in Section 23.
- Any individual who is restricted from accessing the Services as a condition of a court order.
- Any officer, member of the board of directors or partner of BetMGM.
- Any executive or staff of a trade union who represent or negotiate on behalf of employees employed at BetMGM.
- Any member of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO), officers, members of the board of directors or employees of Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG), or iGaming Ontario (iGO).
- Employees of any person who maintains or repairs gaming equipment for MGM, Entain plc or BetMGM (collectively referred to as the ‘Group’).
- Any resident of Afghanistan, Curacao, Cyprus, Ethiopia, Iran, North Korea, Iraq, Kuwait, Somalia, Syria, U.S.A, Yemen or any other jurisdiction where Your participation would be in conflict with any applicable law or any other rules, including but not limited to those laws relating to online gaming.
- Any individual that We have a reason to believe is not permitted to access or use the Services under applicable law, as notified by Us.
- Any employee of the Group, or its subsidiary or affiliated companies, who has administrative or privileged access to MGM’s and/or BetMGM’s online gaming data or systems.
- An employee of a supplier or vendor of the Group.
- Any individuals who have been banned from gaming activities at any MGM Resorts International subsidiary or affiliate, or who have been prohibited from gaming pursuant to any applicable Laws, including individuals who have been “self-limited” or listed on any self-exclusion, disassociated persons, or similar list in Ontario or any state.
You may not attempt to create an Account if You are an Unauthorized Person or assist other Unauthorized Persons to use the Services.
6. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES
6.1. To ensure fairness, We may take any measures we deem appropriate in order to create a fair and balanced game play environment.
6.2. We reserve the right to suspend, modify, remove or add to any of the Services (collectively, a “Change”) in Our sole discretion with immediate effect and without notice, so long as such a Change does not affect pending play on the Services. We will not be liable for any such action.
6.3. We forbid the use of all unfair practices when using the Services. We do this to protect Our patrons and the integrity of the Services. Please read Our Unfair Advantage Policy (which is incorporated in these Agreements) for further details, and Our Anti-Cheating Policy at Section 34.3 below. If any patron is found to be participating in any form of collusion or other activities that We consider to constitute cheating, their account may be permanently closed, and any balance may be at risk of forfeiture or withholding as per Section 20 of these Terms of Service.
6.4. We forbid the posting of any prohibited Third-Party Content (as that term is hereinafter defined) on Our Platforms. Please read Our Third-Party Content Policy (which is incorporated in these Agreements) for further details.
6.5. We reserve the right to suspend Your use of certain of the Services, Platforms or any games on our Platforms from time to time for any reason or no reason.
6.6. No communications or information published on the Services are intended to constitute legal advice or tax advice, and we accept no liability for any reliance on such content.
6.7. For the purpose of any reference to time in connection with Your use of the Services, We use the Eastern Time Zone (ET), unless otherwise specified.
6.8. Your use of the Services (including, for the avoidance of doubt, any intellectual property or services We may license from third parties from time-to-time, which forms part of the Services) is for Your personal, entertainment use on a single computer or similar electronic device only. You may not use the Services or any intellectual property contained therein for any commercial purpose. You acknowledge and attest that you are an individual acting on your own behalf. You are not acting for or on behalf of anyone other than Yourself.
6.9. By accessing our Platforms, or using, or attempting to use, our Software or the Services, You represent and warrant to Us that:
- You are not an Unauthorized Person.
- You are physically located in the Province of Ontario while wagering.
- All details provided by You to Us to setup Your Account or otherwise participate in the Services are true, current, correct and complete.
- You consent to the monitoring and recording by Us, the AGCO, or iGaming Ontario of any communications and geographic location information in connection with Your use of the Services.
- You are of sound mind and capable of taking responsibility for Your actions and You can enter into a legally binding contract with Us.
- You are solely responsible for the acquisition, supply and maintenance of all of the computer equipment, and telecommunications networks, and internet needs to access Our Services.
- You fully understand the methods, rules, and procedures of the games and sports wagers applicable to Our Services.
- You will not wager by using an autonomous or command-executed program on a computer or network that can interact with computer systems or users (a ‘Bot’).
- You will not choose a nickname and/or alias that is defamatory, offensive, pornographic or in any way intended to impersonate a real person or brand.
- You will not make offensive comments, use offensive or pornographic material or make potentially defamatory or inflammatory remarks on the Platforms.
- You will not disguise or interfere in any way with the internet protocol address (‘IP address’) of the computer or other device You are using to access the Services, or otherwise take steps to prevent us from correctly identifying the actual IP address of the device You are using while accessing the Services.
- You accept and agree to abide by the rules of the games and sports wagers as set out on the Services, these General Terms of Service, and the Agreements.
6.10. In order to use the Ontario wagering feature of the Services, You must be physically located in the Province of Ontario at the time of use. We may, at any time before or after You begin using the Services, require you to verify Your identity, age, or physical location, and we may terminate Your access to the Services if You fail to do so. We may detect and monitor Your physical location to ensure that You are playing from the Province of Ontario, including, without limitation, while You attempt to place bets and at any other reasonable intervals determined by Us. See ‘Section 17 - Location Services’ for more location information.
6.11. You will not engage in any of the following prohibited activities in connection with the Services:
- Betting on any event overseen by the relevant sport or event governing body if You are an individual with access to non-public or exclusive information related to the event or an individual who may impact the outcome of the event or bet type.
- Betting on events overseen by the relevant sport or event governing body if You are an athlete, coach, manager, owner, and anyone with sufficient authority to influence the outcome of the event.
- Betting on any event overseen by a sports governing body or any event in which a member team of that sport or event governing body participates, if You are an owner of the sports governing body or member team.
- Compiling betting odds for any event or competition in which You are involved.
In the event BetMGM discovers that You have participated in such prohibited activity, You will be immediately banned from placing wagers via the BetMGM Services. We will also inform the relevant sport or event governing body(s), other sports betting platform providers, and any other organizations or individuals required by iGaming Ontario of Your participation in such prohibited activity.
6.12. You may participate in a game only if You have sufficient funds in Your Account for such participation. We will not extend or grant any credit or lend any money to You or refer You to any credit providers in order to place bets or participate in any game. If Your Account has a negative funds balance, Your Account will be suspended and no transaction will be permitted until the negative funds balance is eliminated. No transaction will be accepted by Us through the Services that could result in a negative funds balance.
7. COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARKS
The terms BetMGM, MGM Resorts International, MGM, MGM Rewards and any other marks used by Us are the trademarks, service marks or trade names of the Group, one of its subsidiaries or associated companies, or its licensors. Further, all other material used by Us, including but not limited to the software, images, pictures, graphics, photographs, animations, videos, music, audio, text (and any intellectual property rights in and to any of the same) is owned by the Group, one of its subsidiaries or associated group companies, or licensors, and is protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights. You obtain no rights in such copyright material, trademarks or service marks and must not use them without the Group’s written permission.
8. ELECTRONIC SERVICES PROVIDER
In order to use the Services, You will be required to send money to Us and may be required to receive money from Us. We may use third-party electronic payment processors and/or financial institutions (‘ESPs’) to process such financial transactions. You irrevocably authorize Us, as necessary, to instruct such ESPs to handle Account deposits and withdrawals from Your Account and You irrevocably agree that We may give such instructions on Your behalf in accordance with Your requests, as submitted using the relevant feature on Our Platforms. You agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of use of each applicable ESP. In the event of conflict between these Agreements and the ESP’s terms and conditions, these Agreements shall prevail.
In the event We use such ESPs and/or financial institutions to process payments made by and to You, or otherwise accept Your use of any particular payment method, in connection with Your use of the Services, We shall not be responsible for the acts or omissions of the third party providing such payment processing or payment method prior to Our receipt of funds, or after We initiate a transfer of funds (as applicable). You agree that You shall look exclusively to the ESP or financial institution in the event of any payment processing or other payment method related disputes, and not to Us.
We may from time to time offer You complimentary or bonus amounts, to be credited by Us into Your Account (‘Bonus(es)’). These Bonuses may only be used in relation to the Services that are specified when the Bonus is offered to You. Acceptance of any Bonus shall be in accordance with additional terms and conditions We may make available to You corresponding to the Bonus offering and, if none, then in accordance with the bonus release restrictions contained in the relevant offer. Offers may be used only once unless otherwise specified. You are not entitled to withdraw any Bonus amounts and You may not remove any cash obtained via a Bonus from Your Account without first complying with the applicable terms, including (without limitation) in respect of any qualifiers or restrictions.
10.1. Your account balance is the amount of real money held in Your Account (if any), plus any winnings and minus any losses accrued from using the Services, less any rakes or entry or other fees, if applicable, and less any amounts previously withdrawn by You or amounts forfeited or reclaimed by Us due to any known or suspected fraud, or due to deposits or other transactions rejected or cancelled by Your bank or any relevant third-party bank (whether as a result of insufficient funds, charge-backs or otherwise), or any sums which are otherwise deductible or forfeited under these Agreements (‘Account Balance’).
10.2. Acceptance of a withdrawal request is subject to any deposit method restrictions, bonus restrictions and Security Reviews (see Section 19 below) and any other terms of these Agreements. All amounts You withdraw are subject to the transaction limits and any processing fees for deposits and withdrawal methods that We notify You of before a withdrawal. For further details of current deposit and withdrawal options and fees, please see the Cashier.
10.3. We may report and withhold any amount from Your winnings in order to comply with any applicable law. All taxes due in connection with any winnings awarded to You are Your sole liability. Account balances cannot be transferred, substituted or redeemed for any other prize. Payment of funds which You withdraw shall be made by the withdrawal options available on Our Cashier or any other manner which We select in Our sole discretion, although We will try to accommodate Your preferences as indicated by You when You register.
10.4. Payments will be made as soon as reasonably possible (subject to up to five business days of internal processing time), although there may be delays due to any Security Review (see Section 19 below) undertaken by Us, and We may hold any such payments in accordance with these Agreements. Under penalties of perjury, You declare that, to the best of Your knowledge and belief, the name and address that You have provided correctly identify You as the recipient of any jackpot payments and any payments from identical wagers, and that no other person is entitled to any part of these payments.
10.5. You acknowledge the Form T5 may be issued by Us by January 31 following the year of the payment. By accepting these Agreements, You acknowledge that any winnings that You win by using the Services are subject to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) regulations, and You allow Your acceptance of these Agreements to serve as an electronic signature and to suffice as an acceptance and signature on any tax documents incurred during the internet gaming activity.
10.6. Your acceptance of these Agreements serves as acknowledgement that the Form T4A may be issued by Us by January 31 following the year of the receipt of a prize consisting of cash or merchandise for which a 12-month accumulated value of six hundred Canadian dollars ($600) or more won by using the Services is subject to the CRA regulations.
11. DORMANT ACCOUNTS
If Your Account has had no activity for a period of three years, Your Account will be deemed Dormant by BetMGM. To prevent Your Account from becoming Dormant, You can log into Your Account and make a withdrawal, a deposit, or a real money wager.
12. THIRD-PARTY CONTENT
12.1. Abusive or offensive language will not be tolerated on Our chat boards, or otherwise by You on the Platforms, Services, or with Group staff, and You agree that You will not engage in such language. In addition, You are not entitled to make untrue, malicious, or damaging comments with regard to the Group’s operation in any media or on any forum.
12.2. In accordance with the terms of Our Third-Party Content Policy, We may reject or delete any text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, or any other materials (‘Third-Party Content’) posted by You on the Platforms which in Our opinion breaches the terms of these Agreements.
12.3. Any violation of this policy may result in removal of the Third-Party Content, a suspension of Your use of the Services and/or any other action that may be required by Us to ensure compliance with this Section.
13. DISCLOSURE OF ACCOUNT NAME AND PASSWORD
The Account name and password You select when You register for an Account should not be disclosed to any third party. You are solely responsible for the security of Your Account name and password, and all activities that occur under Your Account name and password. You agree to keep Your Account name and password confidential and not to allow anyone else to use it. As an authorized player, You are prohibited from allowing any other person to access or use Your interactive gaming account. Every person who identifies themselves by entering a correct username and password is assumed by Us to be the rightful Account holder and all transactions where the username and password have been entered correctly will be regarded as valid. BetMGM permits all players to enable multi-factor authentication (also known as strong authentication) in order to log in. In no event will We be liable for any loss You suffer as a result of any unauthorized use or misuse of Your login details. We shall not be required to maintain Account names or passwords. If You have lost Your Account name, username or password, please Contact Us for a replacement immediately. If You misplace, forget, or lose Your Account name, username or password as a result of anything other than Our error, We shall not be liable.
14. FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES, PROHIBITED TRANSACTIONS AND FAILED DEPOSITS
14.1. We have a zero-tolerance policy towards inappropriate play and fraudulent activity. If, in Our sole determination, You are found to have cheated or attempted to defraud Us, the Group or any other user of any of the Services in any way, including but not limited to game manipulation or payment fraud, betting on all possible outcomes of a game or event, betting on an event in which You take part, or if We suspect You of fraudulent payment, including use of stolen payment cards, or any other fraudulent activity (including, but not limited to, any chargeback or other reversal of a payment) or prohibited transaction (including, but not limited to, money laundering) or if Your deposits are failed to be honored by Your bank for any reason, We reserve the right to suspend or close Your Account and recover bad debts using whichever method may be lawfully available to Us, including, but not limited to: (a) debiting the amount owed by You from Your Account; and (b) instructing third-party collection agencies to collect the debt. This may have a detrimental impact on Your credit rating and will require Us to share Your personal information (including, without limitation, Your identity) with appropriate agencies, and to report any criminal or suspicious activities to the appropriate authorities.
14.2. We reserve the right to void and withhold any or all winnings made by a person or group of persons if We have reasonable grounds to believe that said person or group of persons is acting or has acted in liaison in an attempt to defraud or damage Us, the Group, the Services or the Platforms in any way.
14.3. In the interests of data protection, security and avoidance of fraud, We do not permit the use of any communication channels included within the Services or the Platforms (including, but not limited to, dealer table chat boards) to offer or promote any offers, products and services (whether Yours or a third party’s). You are expressly prohibited from posting information or contacting Our patrons to offer or promote any offers, products or services.
15. LIMITED SOFTWARE LICENSE
15.1. We hereby grant You the limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable right to install and use the software We make available from the Platforms used to provide the Services (the ‘Software’) and all content derived from the Software, including, but not limited to, the copyright and all other intellectual property rights therein, in connection with the Services in accordance with this Agreement. You may install and use the Software on a storage device and make backup copies of the Software, provided that such use and backup copying is only for Your own personal use in using the Services in accordance with these Agreements, and further, that such installation and use is made through a computer or other device of which You are the primary user. The Software is the valuable intellectual property of the Group, its associated companies, or its licensors. You obtain no rights to the Software, except to use it in accordance with these Agreements. You must not: (a) copy, redistribute, publish, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, modify, translate or make any attempt to access the source code to create derivate works of the source code, or otherwise; (b) sell, assign, sublicense, transfer, distribute, lease or grant a security interest in the Software; (c) make the Software available to any third party through a computer network or otherwise; d) export the Software to any country (whether by physical or electronic means); or (e) use the Software in a manner prohibited by applicable laws, regulations or this Agreement (together the ‘Prohibited Activities’).
15.2. You will be solely liable for any damages, costs or expenses arising out of or in connection with committing any Prohibited Activities. You shall notify Us immediately upon becoming aware of any person committing any of the Prohibited Activities and shall provide Us with reasonable assistance with any investigations We may conduct in light of the information provided by You in this respect.
16. GAMING SERVICES UPDATES AND UPGRADES
17. LOCATION SERVICES
17.1. Real-money gaming on the Platforms is restricted by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario and iGaming Ontario to users who are physically located within the Province of Ontario. To confirm Your desktop/laptop location, We use a third-party method that verifies Your IP address and WiFi signal. If one of the two is not confirmed, You will not be allowed to use the Services. To confirm Your mobile device location, We use a third-party method using Your carrier cell tower and WiFi signal. If Your mobile device location is not confirmed, You will not be allowed to use the Services. We cannot guarantee that Your device will be able to successfully use the location services. We may, at any time before or after You begin using the Services, require You to verify Your identity, age, or physical location, and We may terminate Your access to the Services if You fail to do so. If We or Our third-party providers are unable to track Your location for any reason, You may be prevented from accessing or using the Services. We are not liable for Your inability to access or use the Services. We reserve the right to declare null and void any wagers or bets that were placed in violation of Our Terms of Service, including, but not limited to, bets or wagers that were placed from a province or foreign jurisdiction outside of Ontario and bets or wagers placed by Unauthorized Persons, including, but not limited to, if We are unable to track Your location. If we are unable to track Your location, it may impact Your ability to access, claim or use certain benefits associated with the Services.
17.1 By registering to use the Services, You consent to the monitoring and recording by Us (or Our service providers) and/or by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario or iGaming Ontario of any wagering communications and geographic location information in connection with the Services, for the purpose of determining compliance with applicable law.
18.1. You must inform Us as soon as You become aware of any errors with respect to Your Account or any calculations with respect to any bet or wager You have placed. In the event of such error or any system failure or game error (a divergence from the normal functioning of the game logic for whatever reason) that results in an error in any odds calculation, charges, fees, rake, bonuses or payout (‘Error’), We may make the Services unavailable until the Error is resolved. In the case of an Error relating to sport and event betting, making the Services unavailable may include the suspension of betting, the withholding of funds, and the refund of any bet until the Error has been resolved. We will treat You fairly when resolving any transactions or bets impacted by these Errors or faults in accordance with Our policies and procedures. We will respond to any service interruption relating to the Services in a way that does not disadvantage players, including, without limitation, by restoring the game to its pre-failure state, if possible. This may include paying You up until the time that the Error arose or returning bets to You and restoring Your Account Balance to its position prior to the start of the game where the game cannot be continued after a service interruption, whichever is the better outcome for You. We reserve the right to declare null and void any wagers or bets that were the subject of such Error and to take any money from Your Account relating to the relevant bets or wagers. If there are insufficient funds in Your Account, We may demand that You pay Us the relevant outstanding amount relating to these bets or wagers. In all circumstances whereby We (in Our sole discretion) determine an Error has been used to gain an unfair advantage, We reserve the right to consider this activity to be subject to Section 20 (Forfeiture & Account Closure) of these Terms of Service.
18.2. In the event of an Obvious Error in the placement of a wager, BetMGM reserves the right to take any and all action as set forth in its House Rules (See BetMGM House Rules for further information and for the definition of Obvious Error).
18.3. If You are incorrectly awarded any winnings for any reason, including but not limited to as a result of: (a) any human error; (b) any bug, defect or error in the Software; or (c) the failure of the relevant games product or the Software to operate in accordance with the rules of the relevant game, then We will not be liable to pay You any such winnings and You agree to refund any such winnings that may have been paid to You as a result of such error or mistake.
19. SECURITY REVIEW
To maintain a high level of security and integrity in the systems used to provide the Services, We reserve the right to conduct a security review at any time to validate Your identity, age, the registration data provided by You, to verify Your use of the Services, including but not limited to Your compliance with these Agreements and the policies of the Group, and to review Your financial transactions carried out via the Services for potential breach of these Agreements and of applicable law (a ‘Security Review’). As such, You authorize Us and Our agents to make any inquiries of You and for Us to use and disclose to any third party We consider necessary to validate the information You provide to Us or should provide to Us in accordance with these Agreements, including but not limited to, verifying the information against third-party databases. In addition, to facilitate these Security Reviews, You agree to provide any information or documentation that We, in Our unfettered discretion, may request.
20. FORFEITURE & ACCOUNT CLOSURE
We reserve the right, in Our unfettered discretion and in relation to Your account, any related ESP account (as that term is defined in Section 8), any accounts You may have with other sites, casinos or services owned or operated by or on behalf of the Group and, in the case of Your use of the Services, any Services that share the shared game/table platform, to terminate these agreements, withhold Your account balance, suspend Your account, and recover from Your account the amount of any affected pay-outs, bonuses and winnings, if:
- You are in material breach of any of these Agreements.
- We become aware that You have used or attempted to use the Services for the purposes of fraud, collusion (including in relation to charge-backs) or unlawful or improper activity.
- We become aware that You have played on any other online gaming site or services and are suspected of fraud, collusion (including in relation to charge-backs) or unlawful or improper activity on there.
- You become bankrupt or analogous proceedings occur against You anywhere in the world.
- Upon instruction of the appropriate law enforcement agency or regulatory body, including, without limitation, AGCO and iGO, or upon receiving notice of a civil violation or criminal conviction that involves fraud, deceit, collusion, or similar offenses.
21.1. You are entitled to close Your Account and terminate these Agreements for any reason or no reason, including for responsible gaming reasons, on seven (7) days’ notice to Us by withdrawing the entire balance from Your Account and contacting Us by e-mail at email@example.comMGM.ca or by phone at +1-343-488-5355. You may also send a letter to the below BetMGM address:
Attn: Account Closure
Harborside Plaza 2, Suite 700
200 Hudson Street
Jersey City, New Jersey 07311
We will respond within a reasonable time, provided that You continue to assume responsibility for all activity on Your Account until the closure has been put into effect by Us.
21.2. Without limitation to Section 20, We are entitled to terminate these Agreements on seven (7) days’ notice (or attempted notice) to You at the e-mail address You have provided to Us. In the event of termination by Us, We shall give notice of the termination to You via e-mail and, other than where termination is pursuant to Section 20, as soon as reasonably practicable We will refund the balance of Your Account using the same method used to deposit funds in Your Account, whenever this is possible. If the original method used is not available, We will ask You to provide information regarding a second account, along with documentation evidencing that You are the legal holder of the account. Upon withdrawing funds, Your own bank or other payment provider may add a further handling charge which may vary over time and for which You remain responsible.
21.3. Termination of these Agreements will not affect any outstanding wagers or bets, PROVIDED that any outstanding wagers or bets are valid and are not in breach of these Agreements in any way. Termination of these Agreements does not entitle either party to void a wager that was valid and not in breach of these Agreements at the time of placement.
21.4. The following Sections of these Terms of Service shall survive any termination of these Agreements by either party: 2, 5, 7, 8, 14, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 and 36 along with any other Sections which are required for the purposes of interpretation.
You agree that You will only use the services in accordance with the Terms of Service set out in the agreements. You will compensate Us IN FULL for any losses or costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) which We (or any member of Our Group) incur, arising from any breach of these agreements by You.
23. VOLUNTARY EXCLUSION, TIME LIMITS AND TIME-OUTS
23.1. You may suspend activity on Your Account for a period of time chosen by You, through BetMGM’s Responsible Gaming page. You may take a break (“Time Out”) or self-exclude Yourself from Your Account for a period of time. Time Out options include one (1) day, one (1) week, two (2) months, or three (3) months. Once You opt to take a break, You will be unable to place further wagers using the Services during the time period of that break. Self-exclusion options include terms lasting six (6) months, one (1) year, five (5) years or permanent. Once You decide to self-exclude, You will immediately be logged out of Your Account and will be unable to log in for the duration of Your exclusion. Once You choose to be self-excluded, We will cancel all future game transactions and will return the Account Balance of any unused funds in your Account upon Your request via the deposit method originally used. In addition, once you have self-excluded, We will take steps to identify, and if required, remove You from the Platform if You are found to be in breach of the self-exclusion agreement, and will take reasonable steps to prevent any marketing materials, incentives or promotions from being sent to Your for the duration of the self-exclusion period.
23.2. You have the option of setting limits on the following: (i) deposits (where the amount You deposit into Your Member Account is limited over a period of time chosen You); or (ii) loss (where the amount lost (i.e., winnings subtracted from the amount spent) is restricted). The duration of the limits offered include twenty-four (24) hours, seven (7) days or one (1) month. If You set simultaneous periods (e.g., a deposit limit for a day and for a week), the lowest limit will apply. If you choose to eliminate or relax your limits (i.e., increase them or make them more lenient), this update will occur following a 24-hour cool-off period.
23.3. If You have elected to use any of the Responsible Gaming tools in connection with any of the Platforms provided by any Group company from time to time, You acknowledge and agree that You are not permitted to open or use an Account with any other Group company (‘Additional Group Account’) during the timeout period You have selected.
23.4. If You have a pending interactive gaming wager or sports wager on an event that has not yet begun and then choose to self-exclude, Your wager will be cancelled, and Your funds will be returned via the deposit method that was originally used.
24. LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
24.1. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, WE PROVIDE THE SERVICES ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND RELATING TO THE SERVICES AND THE SOFTWARE, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR THAT THE SITE WILL BE WITHOUT ERROR OR INVULNERABLE TO VIRUSES, WORMS, OR OTHER HARMFUL SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE. YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE SITE MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE DUE TO ANY NUMBER OF FACTORS INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERIODIC SYSTEM MAINTENANCE, SCHEDULED OR UNSCHEDULED, ACTS OF GOD, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, VIRUSES, DENIAL OF SERVICE OR OTHER ATTACKS, TECHNICAL FAILURE OF THE SITE, TELECOMMUNICATIONS INFRASTRUCTURE, OR DISRUPTION, AND THEREFORE WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY REGARDING SITE USE AND/OR AVAILABILITY, ACCESSIBILITY, SECURITY OR PERFORMANCE CAUSED BY SUCH FACTORS.
24.2. YOUR ACCESS TO THE PLATFORMS, DOWNLOAD OF ANY SOFTWARE RELATING TO THE SERVICES FROM THE PLATFORMS AND USE OF THE SERVICES OR ANY INFORMATION WE MAY PROVIDE IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE OPTION, DISCRETION AND RISK. WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY MALFUNCTIONS OF THE COMPUTER PROGRAMS RELATING TO THE SERVICES WE MAKE AVAILABLE FROM THE PLATFORMS, ERRORS AS DESCRIBED IN SECTION 18, BUGS OR VIRUSES RESULTING IN LOST DATA OR ANY OTHER DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, MOBILE PHONE OR MOBILE DEVICE, OR SOFTWARE. FURTHERMORE, WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY ATTEMPTS BY YOU TO USE THE SERVICES BY METHODS, MEANS OR WAYS NOT INTENDED BY US. WE ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PROVIDE REDUNDANT OR BACKUP NETWORKS AND/OR SYSTEMS. MALFUNCTION VOIDS ALL PAYS.
24.3. THE GROUP (INCLUDING ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES) WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE WHATSOEVER ARISING FROM OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OR ANY THIRD PARTY’S USE OF THE SOFTWARE OR THE SERVICES, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF USE DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE OR THE SERVICES, DAMAGE FOR, BUSINESS LOSSES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA, PROFITS (INCLUDING LOSS OF OR FAILURE TO RECEIVE ANTICIPATED WINNINGS), REVENUE, BUSINESS, OPPORTUNITY, GOODWILL, REPUTATION OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS (EVEN WHERE WE HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED BY YOU OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE) ARISING OUT OF THESE AGREEMENTS OR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES.
24.4. THE GROUP SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY ACTS OR OMISSIONS MADE BY YOUR INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER, ESP, PAYMENT PROCESSOR, FINANCIAL INSTITUTION OR OTHER THIRD PARTY WITH WHOM YOU HAVE CONTRACTED TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE SERVER THAT HOSTS THE SITE, TO RECEIVE FUNDS FROM US OR YOUR ONLINE GAMING ACCOUNT, OR TO PROVIDE PAYMENT PROCESSING OR OTHER SERVICES.
24.5. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US OR THE GROUP OR THROUGH OR FROM THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT.
24.6. NEITHER WE NOR OUR GROUP SHALL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY MODIFICATION TO, SUSPENSION OF OR DISCONTINUANCE OF THE SOFTWARE OR THE SERVICES.
24.7. NEITHER WE NOR OUR GROUP SHALL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS RELATING TO PAYMENT PROCESSING BY A THIRD-PARTY ESP OR FINANCIAL INSTITUTION.
24.8. NOTHING IN THESE AGREEMENTS WILL OPERATE SO AS TO EXCLUDE ANY LIABILITY WE MAY HAVE IN RESPECT OF EITHER FRAUD, OR DEATH, OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY OUR NEGLIGENCE.
24.9. YOU HEREBY ACCEPT THAT BY USING THE SERVICES, THERE IS A RISK THAT YOU MAY LOSE MONEY. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THAT WE ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENCES THAT ARE ALLEGED TO HAVE OCCURRED THROUGH YOUR USE, OR MISUSE, OF THE SERVICES.
24.10. IF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT SECTION 24.9 DOES NOT APPLY, AND SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, OUR MAXIMUM LIABILITY (AND/OR OUR THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, TO THE EXTENT RELEVANT) TO YOU ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SERVICES AND/OR THE TERMS, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE AVERAGE BALANCE HELD IN YOUR ACCOUNT IN THE PREVIOUS SIX (6) MONTHS (OR THE TERM OF THE ACCOUNT IN THE CASE OF ACCOUNTS OPEN FOR LESS THAN SIX (6) MONTHS).
24.11. WE HAVE NO LIABILITY TO YOU ARISING FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF REPUTATION, LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY, OR LOSS OF GOODWILL, OR FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, EVEN IF SUCH DAMAGES ARE FORESEEABLE OR IF WE HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
24.12. WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR THE FAILURE OF ANY EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE, WHEREVER LOCATED OR ADMINISTERED, OR WHETHER UNDER OUR DIRECT CONTROL OR NOT, THAT MAY PREVENT THE OPERATION OF OUR SERVICES, IMPEDE THE PLACING OF ORDERS FOR BETS OR THE ACCEPTANCE OF BETS, OR PREVENT YOU FROM BEING ABLE TO CONTACT US. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF CONTENT OR MATERIAL UPLOADED OR TRANSMITTED THROUGH THE WEBSITE AND YOU CONFIRM THAT WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY MODIFICATION TO, OR SUSPENSION OR DISCONTINUANCE OF, THE SERVICES. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL OR SUSPEND THE SERVICES WITHOUT INCURRING ANY LIABILITY.
24.13. WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT YOU MAY SUFFER BECAUSE OF ANY INTERRUPTION IN OUR SERVICES CAUSED BY ANY RIOT OR CIVIL COMMOTION; HURRICANE; WAR; FIRE; EARTHQUAKE; TERRORISM; ACT OF GOD; PANDEMIC; POWER FAILURE; TRADE OR LABOR DISPUTE; ACT, FAILURE OR OMISSION OF ANY GOVERNMENT OR AUTHORITY; OBSTRUCTION OR FAILURE OF ELECTRONICS, TELECOMMUNICATION SERVICES OR NETWORKS; OR ANY OTHER ACT, OMISSION, DELAY OR FAILURE CAUSED BY A THIRD PARTY OR OTHERWISE OUTSIDE OF OUR CONTROL.
24.14. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY WILL APPLY EVEN IF ANY OF THE FOREGOING EVENTS OR CIRCUMSTANCES WERE FORESEEABLE AND EVEN IF THE WE WERE ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSSES OR DAMAGES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YOU BRING AN ACTION BASED IN CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING WHETHER CAUSED, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, BY NEGLIGENCE, ACTS OF GOD, TELECOMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, OR DESTRUCTION OF THE SERVICES).
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Us, Our Group, and Our and their respective directors, officers, members, employees, agents, affiliates, affiliated companies, and other partners harmless from and against any claim or demand, damages, losses or liabilities, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made or claimed by any third party due to or arising out of Your use of the Software or the Services, Your connection to the Platforms or the Services, Your violation of the Agreements, any misrepresentations made by You, Our use of information that You submit to Us, or Your infringement of any intellectual property or other right of any other person or entity.
26. NO REPRODUCTION OR RESALE
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Platforms, the Software or the Services, use of the Platforms, the Software or the Services, or access to the Platforms, the Software or the Services.
27. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
Although We hope that You will find the material on the Platforms informative, the material and links to third-party websites and resources that may be included on the Platforms are provided for informational purposes only. Providing links to these sites by Us should not be interpreted as endorsement or approval by Us of the organizations sponsoring these sites or their products or services. We make no representations or warranties, express or implied, with respect to the information provided on these Platforms or any third-party website which may be accessed by a link from the Platforms, including any representations or warranties as to accuracy or completeness. Because We have no control over third- party websites and resources, You acknowledge and agree that We are not responsible for the information and contents of such third-party websites and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any content, statements, representations, advertising, products, services or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that We shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused in connection with Your use of or reliance on any such content, information, goods, or services available on or through any such site or resource.
28.1. Initial Dispute Resolution Requirement
We believe most disputes between patrons and BetMGM can be resolved by good-faith dialogue between the parties. If You have any claims, complaints or disputes with or regarding BetMGM in connection with Your use of the Platform or the Services, You may submit Your complaint to Us in writing as soon as is reasonably practicable following the date of the original transaction to which the claim, complaint or dispute refers. Claims, complaints and disputes may be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to: BetMGM Customer Services, Harborside Plaza 2, 200 Hudson Street, Jersey City, New Jersey 07311, U.S.A. Any notice We give to You (other than otherwise set out herein) will be sent to the e-mail address that You provide when You register Your Account. It is Your responsibility to give Us notice of any changes to this address through the ‘Change Email’ facility in Our software and to regularly check Your e-mail account for e-mails from Us. All disputes must be resolved under Ontario law and resolved within 90 days of BetMGM becoming aware of the dispute.
28.2. Complaints to the Regulator
To the extent that You are not satisfied with Our response in connection with any complaint, claim, or dispute You make to us, You may then contact iGaming Ontario at:
90 Sheppard Avenue East, Suite 310
Toronto, Ontario M2N 0A4
Phone (Greater Toronto Area): 416-326-8283
Phone (Toll-free): 1-833-55-igame / 1-833-554-4263 (in Canada & the US only)
If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid, void or unenforceable by reason of any law, rule, administrative order or judicial decision, that provision will be, to the extent strictly necessary, severed from the remaining Terms of Service, and that determination shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms, which shall remain valid and enforceable according to the terms contained herein. In the case of the severance of any terms, the portion deemed invalid or unenforceable shall be amended in a manner consistent with the applicable law to reflect, as closely as possible, the original intent in these Terms.
30. GOVERNING LAW
These Agreements shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. You irrevocably agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ontario for settlement of any disputes or matters arising out of or concerning these Agreements or their enforceability.
Failure by Us to insist upon strict performance of any of Your obligations or to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which We are entitled shall not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and shall not relieve You from compliance with such obligations, and a waiver by us of any breach or default of the Agreements shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default.
We reserve the right to transfer, assign, sublicense or pledge these Agreements, in whole or in part, to any person (without Your consent) without notice, provided that any such assignment will be on the same terms or terms that are no less advantageous to You. You may not assign, sublicense or otherwise transfer in any manner whatsoever any of Your rights or obligations under these Agreements.
33. THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS
33.1. Except insofar as these Agreements expressly provide that a third party may in their own right enforce a term of these Agreements, a person who is not a party to these Agreements has no right under local law or statute to rely upon or enforce any term of these Agreements, but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available other than under local law or statute.
33.2. For the avoidance of doubt, each member of the Group is an intended third-party beneficiary of these Agreements.
34. ENTIRE AGREEMENT, MODIFICATION AND AMENDMENTS
You fully understand and agree to be bound by these Agreements and as modified or amended by Us from time to time. We may amend these Agreements at any time either by e-mailing or sending You notification of the new terms or by publishing the modified Agreement(s) on the relevant page of the Platforms or any place through which You access the Services. If any modification is unacceptable to You, Your only alternative is to terminate these Agreements. You will be required to acknowledge acceptance of the changes. It is Your sole responsibility to review the Agreements and any revisions thereto each time You use the Services.
35. ADDITIONAL TERMS FOR USE OF THE GAMING SERVICES
The following additional terms apply to Your use of the Gaming Services.
35.1. Play Money and Real Money Games
By registering for the Services, You will be able to access (through the Software (as defined above)) both ‘play money’ games and tournaments (‘Play Money Games’ or ‘Play for Free Games’ respectively) and ‘real money’ games and tournaments (‘Real Money Games’ or ‘Play for Real Money Games’ respectively), via the Services. No purchase is necessary or required to play the Play Money Games, except for any cost You may incur to access the Services, as charged by Your internet service provider or telecommunications provider, and You may play the Play Money Games without betting money. We reserve the right to suspend, modify, remove or add any Gaming Service in Our sole discretion with immediate effect and without notice and We will not be liable for any such action. Please note that in the event of any conflict between this Section 35.1 and the remaining Sections of these Terms of Service, the remaining Sections of these Terms of Service shall prevail.
35.2. Rules and Procedures of the Services
You must use the Services in accordance with the generally accepted game rules set out in the Game Rules sections, and the procedures relevant to the Gaming Service. You are using those specifically set out on the on.BetMGM.ca online site, including but not limited to the Promotions section, Tournaments sections, Game Instructions & Rules section, the Refer-a-Friend section, the How to Play section, Table Stakes, and any other page that specifically relates to and governs any particular event, game or tournament (‘Rules’).
35.3. Anti-Cheating Policy
We are committed to preventing the use of unfair practices in the Services, including, but not limited to, player collusion. We are also committed to detecting and preventing the use of software programs which are designed to enable artificial intelligence to play on Our Platforms including, but not limited to, opponent-profiling, cheating software, automated computerized software (including, but not limited to, any software programs to automatically participate in game play (i.e., Bot)) or other equivalent mechanism, or anything else that We deem enables You to have an unfair advantage over other players not using such programs or systems (‘AI Software’). You acknowledge that We will take measures to detect and prevent the use of such programs and AI Software using methods (including, but not limited to, reading the list of currently running programs on a player’s computer) and You agree not to use any AI Software or any such programs. You agree to not be involved in any cheating or any fraudulent, collusive, fixing or other unlawful activity in relation to Your or a third parties’ participation in any of the Services, including, without limitation, by acting unfairly towards another player of the Services, and to not use any AI Software or any such programs. You must notify Us of any activities related to collusion and cheating, including, without limitation, the suspected use of any AI Software, in accordance with Our reporting procedures. We will investigate any reported incidents of collusion or cheating made by You. If requested by You, We will provide You with information about Our policies and procedures to deter, prevent and detect unfair behavior, cheating and collusion, including, without limitation, the suspension or disabling or accounts and any recovery of funds. See Our Unfair Advantage Policy for more information on our commitment to preventing the use of unfair practices in the Services.
35.4. Shared Games, Table and Database Platform
We reserve the right, but are not obliged, to run and utilize a shared table, server and database platform or system (‘Shared Game/Table Platform’) which enables Gaming Service users to play with players coming into the games, tables and tournaments from other websites and brands operating on the same Shared Game/Table Platform. If a Shared Game/Table Platform is used, You agree that You may be pooled into these common game/tables, at Our sole discretion, and that to the extent that You breach the Terms of Service of one site or brand that operates on the Shared Game/Table Platform, We may have You blocked, in part or full, from the entire system so that You may not play through any site or brand using or on the Shared Game/Table Platform. Without limitation to the restriction on having multiple Accounts with Us (please see Section 4), We may require that You only have one Account on the Shared Game/Table Platform if the same is used.
35.5. Play Money and Real Money Account Funding
‘Play money’ funds have no value and are kept separate from ‘real money’ funds. They are not transferable to a ‘real money’ account nor are they redeemable for any currency. We do not promise to accurately record the number of play money chips held by You, and Your play money chips may be lost at any time. Further, We reserve the right to set a maximum chip limit for play money Accounts. Please note that in the event of any conflict between this Section 35.5 and the remaining Sections of these Terms of Service, the remaining Sections of these Terms of Service shall prevail.
35.6. Settlement of In-Game Disputes
You fully accept and agree that random number generator (‘RNG’) software will determine the shuffling and dealing of cards and other randomly generated events required in the Gaming Services. If there is a discrepancy between the result showing on the Software (as installed and operated on Your hardware) and Our server, the result showing on Our server shall govern the result. Moreover, You understand and agree that (without prejudice to Your other rights and remedies) Our records shall be the final authority in determining the terms of Your use of the Gaming Services, the activity resulting therefrom and the circumstances in which such activity occurred. Please note that in the event of any conflict between this Section 35.6 and the remaining Sections of these Terms of Service, the remaining Sections of these Terms of Service shall prevail.
35.7. Statistics and Live Scoring
From time to time Our website and mobile app may display game times, scores, statistics, results, and other information relating to games, matches, or events, including, without limitation, “live” scores, statistics and times displayed as part of a live-streamed event or scoreboard. All such information is unofficial, is provided for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be relied upon by patrons for any purpose. It is the patron’s responsibility to independently verify all such information. Neither BetMGM nor its third-party providers warrant or make any representations of any kind with respect to any such information transmitted or made available via Our website and mobile app. Neither BetMGM nor its third-party providers shall be responsible or liable for the accuracy, usefulness, or availability of any such information transmitted or made available via Our website and mobile app, and shall not be responsible or liable for any error or omissions in that information.
36. DISCLOSURE OF NON-PUBLIC INFORMATION
Patrons are prohibited from disclosing non-public information that may affect internet wagering or the outcome of internet wagering. In the event BetMGM discovers that a patron has disclosed non-public information that may affect internet wagering or the outcome of internet wagering, the patron will be immediately banned from placing wagers via the BetMGM Services.
PLEASE PRINT THESE TERMS OF SERVICE AND STORE THEM FOR YOUR FUTURE REFERENCE. IN ADDITION, WE SUGGEST THAT YOU PRINT AND STORE ALL TRANSACTION RECEIPTS AND GAME RULES AS APPLICABLE TO YOUR ACTIVITIES.
If You have any questions, please contact Our 24/7 Customer Service Team.
Underage gambling is prohibited and any person under the age of 19 in Ontario is prohibited from Internet gaming.
BetMGM excludes persons under the age of 19 from gaming in Ontario, so we will always ask for proof of age during the registration process. We also begin an automatic identification process immediately after registration, which can require a copy of a picture ID document upon deposit or withdrawal. We take our responsibility for preventing persons under the age of 19 in Ontario from playing with us seriously, and in order to offer the best possible protection of such persons, we require the shared responsibility of parents. Use child protection software, such as the ‘NetNanny’ program or the ‘Cybersitter’ software from 27Labs, to block gaming sites from persons under 19.
If You know someone under the age of 19 who is registered with us, please contact us immediately at email@example.comMGM.ca.
Unfair Advantage Policy
BetMGM is committed to taking all reasonable measures to prevent anything that gives a player an unfair advantage over another. To this end, We forbid all unfair practices with the goal of protecting Our patrons and the integrity of Our systems.
Unfair practices are any practice, including, but not limited to, the use of Bots (autonomous or command-executed programs on a computer or network that can interact with computer systems or users), AI, multiple account use or practices conducted in collaboration with other players, carried out by one or more players, with one or more accounts, which could put any other player not engaging in such activity at a competitive disadvantage, where the unfairness in such activity is due to its success being based to some extent on concealment or deception against such players. Unfair practices include, but are not limited to, the following:
Money-dumping occurs when any player intentionally loses a poker hand to transfer their money or chips to another user. Any user who participates in or attempts to participate in money-dumping with any other player on the BetMGM poker platform is subject to discipline in a number of forms, a warning (in which the user’s account may be temporarily suspended in order to educate the player and reiterate the requirements of the Terms of Service), up to and including permanent account closure and confiscation of their funds.
2. Multiple Accounts a.k.a. Multi-Accounting:
It is prohibited for a player (whether in the player’s name or another name) to have multiple accounts for the sole purpose of playing both accounts at the same time. A player may only have a single gaming account for each BetMGM skin (i.e. BetMGM, PartyPoker, PartyCasino, Borgata, etc.). In states where multiple BetMGM skins are present, players are prohibited from playing on multiple skins simultaneously. Any player associated with multi-accounting is subject to discipline in a number of forms, from a warning (in which the user’s account may be temporarily suspended in order to educate and reiterate the requirements of the Terms of Service), up to and including permanent account closure and confiscation of their funds.
Collusion is defined as two or more players sharing and using their combined knowledge to gain an advantage, with the intent to take advantage of other players at the poker table. This could include not playing Your hand as You normally would by softplaying, passing/dumping chips, hole card sharing, squeezing players out of a pot, and many more techniques than are not within the spirit of a fair game. Players may not communicate, in any form, with another player to offer an opinion related to the game or hand being played. Any kind of communication about anything related to the current poker game is considered collusion and is in violation of BetMGM’s policy. Any player associated with collusion is subject to discipline in a number of forms, from a warning (in which the user’s account may be temporarily suspended in order to educate and reiterate the requirements of the Terms of Service), up to and including permanent account closure and confiscation of their funds.
4. Account Sharing/Third-Party Account Usage:
Each player on the BetMGM platform is responsible for protecting their login credentials. Sharing account credentials and devices is prohibited under the Terms of Service of BetMGM. No third party (including friends and relatives) is permitted to use Your account or access the BetMGM platform under Your name. Any player who believes the integrity of their BetMGM gaming account has been compromised, should inform BetMGM immediately. BetMGM holds no responsibility for any actions taken by a third party who gains access to any player’s gaming account. Under no circumstances will BetMGM be liable for any losses incurred by any player as a result of mishandling of a player’s access credentials by any person. All transactions and gameplay where Your username and password have been entered correctly will be regarded as valid, whether authorized by You or not. Please note that anyone found to be sharing accounts could be subject to a number of measures, from a warning in which the user’s account may be temporarily suspended in order to educate and reiterate the requirements of the Terms of Service, up to and including permanent account closure and confiscation of their funds.
5. Extracting Player Profiles:
Certain companies offer for-sale programs specifically created to extract player profiles and then sell them in the form of voluminous player databases, with the promise that anyone who purchases these programs can use this information to their advantage against other players, by invisibly gathering information about You and then selling it to others to use when they play against You online.
These programs are based on player hand histories, and they typically use the following methods: screen-scraping, reading the “Chat”, and by accessing histories directly from an individual player’s computer using the program. If a player is found to have extracted player profiles through this or other methods, they will be in breach of this provision, which will lead to permanent account closure and confiscation of their funds.
6. The Use of Artificial Intelligence (AI):
AI is composed of autonomous or command-executed programs on a computer or network that can interact with computer systems or users, especially one designed to respond or behave like a player. BetMGM prohibits the use of AI on its platform and across its skins. All player actions taken on the BetMGM platform must be player-generated without assistance. BetMGM reserves the right to withhold funds of, and deny services to, any person using a prohibited tool or service. If a player is found to have used AI, they will be in breach of this provision, which will lead to permanent account closure and confiscation of their funds.
7. The Use of “Bots”:
Certain companies offer Bots specifically created to play a game in the place of an actual (human) player, and conceal its use from the other players, and avoid detection by the online gaming site. These programs are marketed by explicitly promising the prospective purchaser/user an unfair advantage over other online players not using that program. The use of Bots is prohibited. A Bot is software that can interact with the BetMGM platform without any human input. The software calculates the best available decision and then executes it. If a player is found to have used a Bot in any way, they will be in breach of this provision, which will lead to permanent account closure and confiscation of their funds.
8. Real Time Assistance (RTA) Tools:
RTA tools that use software to suggest to an active player what action to take (i.e. ‘bet’ or ‘check’) are prohibited. BetMGM reserves the right to withhold funds of and deny services to any person using a prohibited tool or service. If a player is found to have used an RTA or otherwise prohibited tool or service, they will be in breach of this provision, which will lead to permanent account closure and confiscation of their funds.
Permitted Third-Party Tools:
We do not forbid/discourage all online programs. Our own website provides permissible programs for playing online. Our objective, however, is in providing and promoting a level playing field and the best possible user experience for all Our players.
The only third-party tools that are permitted to be used on BetMGM while the gaming platform is open are listed below, and also on the Poker FAQ page. We recommend You visit this ‘Unfair Advantage Policy’ and the linked Poker FAQ page frequently to stay up to date on which poker tools are permitted or prohibited by BetMGM.
Here are some tools that are permitted whilst using Our platform:
PartyCaption, StackAndTile, PlaceMint, Table Tamer, StarsHelper, Mosaic 2, IntuitiveTables, Universal Replayer, Jurojin Poker, Slot Poker Pro, hand2note, Poker Copilot, NoteCaddy, Holdem Manager 3, Poker Tracker 4.
Use of any tools not mentioned in the above list or on the Poker FAQ page is prohibited while the platform is in use, may lead to restrictions being placed on Your account and could lead to permanent account closure. If a user is found to be in breach of Our Terms of Service, BetMGM reserves the right to permanently close the player’s account and confiscate their funds.
Prohibited Third-Party Tools while the Poker Platform is in Use:
We understand that there are a number of tools that are designed to help You improve as a poker player.
While many players will legitimately use these tools for studying and personal improvement outside of the game, many of these tools unfortunately also provide assistance that, should they be used in-game, provide the user with an unfair advantage over the remainder of the playing field. As such, there are a number of tools that We understand Our players wish to use (and We are happy for them to do so), however, they are strictly prohibited from being used while the poker platform is also in use.
The list of prohibited tools while the poker platform is in use includes, but is not limited to:
PioSOLVER, PokerSnowie, Jesolver, Flopzilla, ICMIZER, Vision GTO Trainer, InstaGTO, Holdem Indicator, Omaha Indicator, Stud Indicator, Tournament Indicator, HirokuScript, Poker Calculator Pro, Super HUD, Tournament Shark, Lucid GTO, Spinwize, Deepsolver, SimplePostFlop, Equilab, chartmanager, MonkeySolver, SimpleNash, PokerStove.
Please note that any user found to be in breach of these restrictions could be subject to discipline in a number of forms, from a warning (in which the user’s account may be temporarily suspended in order to educate and reiterate the requirements of the Terms of Service), up to and including permanent account closure and confiscation of their funds.
Prohibited Third-Party Tools:
For the avoidance of doubt, there are some tools that, if a player is found to be using in any capacity, will result in a breach of BetMGM’s Terms of Service and may result in an immediate closure of the player’s account and seizure of their funds. The use of any tool that does the following is not permitted at any time:
- Any tool that is designed to circumvent Our restrictions on downloadable hand histories.
- Any tool that plays without human intervention (a ‘Bot’).
- Any tool that makes decisions for, or advises decisions to, a player – therefore reducing the human element of the game (‘assistance software’).
- Any tool that automates the process of joining a specific table or game based on a defined set of criteria, such as player statistics or notes (a ‘seating script’).
- Virtual Machines and Screen Sharing/Remote Access Software.
- The use of both Virtual Machines and/or any software that specializes in screen-sharing and remote-access is prohibited on BetMGM.
The list of prohibited tools includes, but is not limited to:
VMWare, Teamviewer, WinHoldem, Warbot, Sharkmate, HoldemBot, ICM-Bot, SpinWiz, InHuman, DeepMind Pokerbot, Omaha Shark, Poker Edge, SessionLord, FullAutoHoldem.
The list of prohibited tools also includes the tools listed on the Poker FAQ page. We recommend You visit this ‘Unfair Advantage Policy’ and the linked Poker FAQ page frequently to stay up to date on which poker tools are permitted or prohibited by BetMGM.
Should You have any questions about the use of any specific tool, please contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requesting permission for a non-listed third-party tool:
If You wish to use a third-party tool or application that is not listed in the permitted sections above, please e-mail email@example.com with Your request. Please also include the website address of the tool that You wish to use. If, after reviewing the requested tool, We choose to grant permission for it to be used on Our network, We will reply to You directly and add it to the permitted list. Please note that We will not grant permission to tools that provide timing randomizers, seat scripts and Bot/assistance software. Similarly, We only monitor third-party tools that work alongside the BetMGM platform and only tools with such functionality will be reviewed. As a result, any new or already existing third-party tools that do not directly integrate with the BetMGM platform will not be reviewed, and will therefore not be added to the permitted tools list.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How does BetMGM distinguish between Prohibited and Permitted categories of programs? Is it true that many of these programs are for training and improving gaming skills?
Programs that give a player an advantage over others are not something We wish to forbid. Advantage is not the issue; an unfair advantage is. We see that as deception. And so is invasion of privacy and data theft. Our basis for distinction is not whether a particular program gives the user an advantage over non-using players, nor is it based on the particular content. To Us, the key indicators that define the class of programs We seek to eliminate from use on the website are: (1) deception and (2) breach of Our customers’ privacy.
Instead, what We are referring to is programs which: (a) advertise as a key feature that the buyer/user will gain an unfair advantage (quite often they even use the word “cheat”) over the other players, in other words they promise to help a player to cheat; or (b) their use by the buyer/user is intended to remain concealed from the other players and from the “operator” (i.e., the online gaming room); or (c) steal legally protected material (e.g., player identities) that violates International Copyright Laws, as well as Privacy Laws (“Prohibited Categories”).
Which counter-measures is BetMGM taking to prevent the use of Bots?
Our efforts can be divided into three separate categories: (a) identification & detection; (b) warning/suspending offending users; and (c) additional measures through enlarged customer choice. Identification and detection counter-measures are in-place now and have been for some time. These efforts will continue to improve - so that We’re able to more precisely detect existing Bots and, more importantly, so that as new Bots are created/released, We can also prevent those from diminishing the user experience when on the website.
Do the efforts involve “data mining” or other means to access/read files on my computer?
General Poker Etiquette
The following actions are strictly prohibited on the BetMGM platform, and any player found to be in breach of these provisions may be subjected to suspension, based on the severity of the infraction:
- Queueing - Queueing occurs when a player, or a group of players, intentionally tries to alter or avoid specific opponents in games where registration is ‘blind’.
- Ratholing - Ratholing is the act of cashing out chips from a cash-game table and then rebuying with a smaller amount of chips at a different table. Ratholing is considered unethical behavior.
- Blind Abuse - Blind abuse occurs when the player receiving the button in a heads-up match is required to play an equal number of small blinds and big blinds. The player receiving the button in the first hand is required to finish the game in a hand where the opponent receives the dealer button.
BetMGM provides players with a chat facility through which players can communicate with other users of the BetMGM platform. We collect and may use this information for legitimate business purposes, including to enforce these Terms of Service. BetMGM reserves the right to review chat history and to record all statements made on such facility. A player’s use of the chat facility is subject to the following rules. Players shall not:
- Make any statements that are sexually explicit or grossly offensive, including expressions of bigotry, racism, hatred, or profanity.
- Make statements that are abusive, defamatory, or harassing or insulting to other users of Our Service.
- Make statements that advertise, promote, or otherwise relate to any other online entities.
- Make statements about BetMGM or the Sites or any other internet site connected to BetMGM that are untrue and/or malicious and/or damaging to BetMGM.
BetMGM only permits the use of English within the chat facility.
Players are prohibited from chatting about games in progress. Any chat that may influence how any player in the game might act during a hand is prohibited.
- The only two exceptions to this rule are as follows: (1) In cash game hands which are heads-up (where everyone else active at the table has folded), or (2) When the two players are the final two players remaining in a tournament, the two players involved may chat freely amongst each other. Upon breach by a player of any of the above provisions, BetMGM retains the right to remove a player’s chat privilege without any warning.
PLEASE NOTE: Any personally identifiable information You share via the chat may be visible to other BetMGM players or third parties. BetMGM is not responsible for the consequences of any voluntarily shared personally identifiable information that any player submits via the chat facility being read by others.
Violation of Our chat abuse policy is subject to a number of measures, from a warning in which the user’s chat may be temporarily suspended in order to educate and reiterate the requirements of the Terms of Service, up to and including permanent chat closure.
Consequences of Unfair Practices:
Where We in Our absolute discretion determine an unfair practice has taken place (whether an unfair advantage has been gained or not), the person(s) responsible for that practice will be subject to one or all of the following consequences:
If an unfair practice is detected, We may do any or all of the following:
- We may e-mail the offender(s) and demand the immediate halt of all unfair practices.
- We may suspend the offending account(s) for the purposes of conducting a thorough investigation into the unfair practices.
- Ultimately, We reserve the right, in Our sole discretion, to terminate the offending account(s) indefinitely and for all funds in the account(s) to be forfeited (see Sections 5, 20, and 22 of Our General Terms of Service).
Third-Party Content Policy
We are committed to ensuring the safety and security of Our Platforms and Our Services for all of Our patrons. We have created this Third-Party Content Policy to make You aware of the rules surrounding the uploading of Third-Party Content (as that term is defined in Our General Terms of Service) to Our Platforms. Please note that this Third-Party Content Policy will be agreed upon between You and Us and will form part of Your Agreements with Us. We may periodically make changes to this Third-Party Content Policy and strongly recommend that You revisit this Third-Party Content Policy regularly.
The terms of this Third-Party Content Policy are as follows:
- We do not claim any ownership rights of any Third-Party Content (as that term is defined in Our Terms of Service and including, without limitation, player images) posted by You on Our Platforms. You agree that You are solely responsible for any Third-Party Content posted by You under Your Username.
- You hereby grant to Us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual license (including the right to sub-license) to use and to make such copies thereof as We deem necessary in order to facilitate the posting and storage of Your Third-Party Content on Our Platforms, or in connection with any promotions in all known or hereafter developed media.
- You declare to Us that You have full power and authority to grant the license described in paragraph 2 above and that the Third-Party Content posted by You: (a) does not infringe any third party’s intellectual property rights, other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy; (b) does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; (c) is not defamatory, trade libelous, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing; (d) is not obscene or pornographic and does not contain child pornography; (e) does not violate any laws regarding unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising; (f) does not constitute any of the types of prohibited Third-Party Content as set out in paragraph 5 below and; (g) does not contain any viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel Bots or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, harmfully interfere with, secretly intercept or capture any system, data or personal information.
- You agree to pay for all royalties, fees or any other monies owed to any third party as a result of You posting any Third-Party Content on any of Our Platforms.
- You acknowledge that the following constitutes (but is not limited to) prohibited content. Third-Party Content which:
- is offensive, promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual or exploits, harasses or advocates harassment of any person.
- constitutes information that You know is false or misleading, or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous.
- contains nudity, excessive violence, or offensive subject matter, or links to any such content.
- solicits personal information from anyone under nineteen (19) years of age.
- contains information that poses or creates a privacy or security risk to any person.
- contains an unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work.
- includes a photograph or video of another person that You have posted without that person’s consent.
Reward Plan Terms and Conditions (“Reward Plan”)
The terms and conditions of this Reward Plan are in addition to, and subject to, those terms and conditions set forth in the Online Gaming Terms of Service (“General Terms of Service”), which are incorporated herein by reference. Capitalized terms herein have the same meaning as set out in the Terms of Service. In addition, the following definitions apply:
- ‘Reward Plan’ refers to this Reward Plan, as amended or replaced by Us from time to time.
- ‘BetMGM Rewards Points’ refers to the points earned from wagering real money, which are available for redemption in Our Reward Store from time to time in accordance with the terms set out herein.
- ‘Reward Store’ means the online reward store where You may redeem BetMGM Rewards Points.
- ‘Inactive’ is defined as not logging on to Your Account using Your Account name and password and either placing a cash wager/bet or playing a game via the Services, or making a deposit as applicable, and ‘Inactivity’ is construed accordingly.
- ‘Sites’ for the purposes of this Reward Plan shall mean the following platform: on.BetMGM.ca.
1. To join the Reward Plan, You must have a real money Account with one of the Sites. Only individuals are eligible for membership of the Reward Plan.
2. Reward Plan membership and benefits are provided at Our sole discretion.
3. You will earn BetMGM Rewards Points as a result of real money wagering, as set out on the ‘BetMGM Rewards FAQ’ page (as amended from time to time) and any other applicable pages on Our Sites. BetMGM Rewards Points are non-transferable and do not have any cash value.
4. The earning and redemption of BetMGM Rewards Points is subject to Our sole discretion and to any restrictions contained on the relevant pages of Our Sites, and any terms and conditions provided with particular promotions or bonuses. We have the sole right to interpret and apply such terms and conditions.
5. You are responsible for informing Us of any change of Your address or other Account details, and We shall not be liable for any consequences resulting from Your failure to do so.
6. It shall be Your responsibility to ensure that Your BetMGM Rewards Points are properly credited. If You dispute Your BetMGM Rewards Points balance, or where We deem that verification is required, We reserve the right to require proof of accrual from You.
7. If You become eligible for an invitation to a tournament or live event, the logistics, date and timing of the event and the terms and conditions of entry shall be at Our sole discretion. Any such eligibility does not guarantee that such an event will take place. We will not be liable for any injuries, losses, damages or expenses suffered or incurred by You or any third party as a direct or indirect result of attending any such event.
8.We reserve the right to make any payment transfers by means which do not result in Us incurring any third-party costs.
9. We reserve the right to award BetMGM Rewards Points selectively, at any time, to players chosen in Our discretion. Any failure to follow the terms and conditions referred to herein, any abuse of the Reward Plan or any conduct detrimental to the interests of the Group, may result in the termination of Your membership of the Reward Plan and the cancellation of accrued BetMGM Rewards Points.
10. We reserve the right to modify, alter, discontinue or terminate the Reward Plan and any promotion or product line at any time for any reason whatsoever, with or without notice (including, without limitation: by changing the way BetMGM Rewards Points are generated, earned, awarded, collected or redeemed, or by adding further restrictions on the redemption of BetMGM Rewards Points).
11. An account becomes “Inactive” when no BetMGM Rewards Points are earned for 180 consecutive days, for the purposes of the Reward Plan. Based on the inactivity, all BetMGM Rewards Points will be expired and removed.
12. An “Inactive” account becomes “Active” (“re-activates”) once a patron logs in, participates in game play, and earns a single BetMGM Rewards Point.
13. The individual Terms and Conditions for the exchange of BetMGM Rewards Points for Bonuses, Tournaments, Express Comps and any other potential offerings as described in the Reward Store will be made available to You on Our Sites.
14. Ontario players who are under twenty-one (21) years of age at the time they create their BetMGM Rewards account are not eligible to join the affiliated MGM Rewards loyalty program. Any benefits specifically affiliated with an MGM Rewards membership are not available to players until they create an MGM Rewards account (upon turning 21 years of age) and link it to their BetMGM Rewards account by contacting Customer Service.
15. We may amend these terms and conditions at any time, either by e-mailing You notification of the new terms or by publishing the modified terms and conditions on any of Our Sites.
16. Decisions of Our staff and management about any aspect of the Reward Plan will be final.
17. These Agreements shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws Canada as applicable therein.
The BetMGM platforms meet the highest security standards in the industry, with a five-level security system, multiple firewalls, and 128-bit SSL encryption. Early-warning systems in the form of limits on unusually high stakes and winnings prevent manipulation and other criminal activities at an early stage.
However, you can help us to further increase the safety of your account:
- You are responsible for the safety of your personal computer and mobile device. Configure your auto-lock features to protect them from unauthorized use.
- Keep your access details safe at all times (user ID, password, and your question-and-answer combination).
- Don’t share your account credentials, your credit card information or your bank account details.
- Don’t leave your computer unattended when you are logged in.
- Don’t use the ‘Save password’ option on log-in screens.
- Create separate profiles for everyone who uses your devices, so that nobody else can access your information. You are prohibited from allowing any other person to access or use Your Account.
You should change your password regularly. By default, you receive an e-mail notification when your account is being accessed. If you cannot remember having accessed your account at the specified date and time, change your password immediately.
For an additional level of safety, you can opt-in to enable Strong Authentication. If enabled, every time you try to access your account, a one-time password is sent to your registered e-mail. This one-time password is needed in addition to your normal password in order to gain access to your account. You can set these options in your Account settings.
If you have forgotten your password, you can retrieve it here.
You can contact Customer Service at any time to obtain your account history and game history.
If you want to take a break or stop playing on our sites (for any reasons other than the prevention of gambling-related problems), we offer a service closure. For further information, please contact our Customer Service team.
General Disconnection and Game Cancellation Policy
Unless otherwise stated by Us, the following terms and conditions set forth the rules and procedures that govern all players’ rights in the event of disconnection and game cancellation.
- Disconnection protection is a tool that protects players if their internet connection is lost while they are involved in gameplay. BetMGM strives to offer the best disconnection protection to our players. Our goal is to protect players, while also maintaining appropriate checks so that the protection offered is not abused.
- Disconnection protection is not intended to be used other than in the event of a genuine disconnection. Any misuse of this policy may result in the forfeiture of any monies won, tournament disqualification, the loss of the disconnection protection privilege, or expulsion from the website.
- BetMGM’s software is designed to assess if a player has a genuine disconnection before giving the disconnection protection to them. Players trying to take advantage of disconnection protection by deliberately getting ‘timed out’ will be deemed to have ended their gameplay.
- Players must accept the risk of disconnection and should log back in and continue playing as quickly as possible if they are cut off. Ask your internet service provider about how they can help reduce the risk of disconnection. BetMGM is not responsible for player disconnection.
- BetMGM reserves the right to alter this policy and render final decisions on all matters herein at our sole discretion. Policy changes and relevant decisions will be communicated accordingly by Us using electronic means.
- BetMGM’s Services, or certain betting markets, may not be available at any particular time (including due to connectivity issues).
DISCONNECTION POLICY - CASINO
- If a player becomes disconnected while involved in a game where no player input is required to complete the game, the game will produce the final outcome as determined by the random number generator. We will update the player’s Account accordingly.
- If a player becomes disconnected while involved in a single player game, where player input is required to complete the game, We will, subject to our discretion, either: (1) upon subsequent activation, return the player to the game state from immediately prior to the interruption and allow the player to complete the game; All wagers pending disposition shall be held in a pending wager account; or (2) cancel the game according to the specific game’s rules, resulting in either the forfeiture of the player’s wager or the return of funds to the player in accordance with BetMGM’s internal procedures; or (3) depending on the specific game’s rules, make a selection on behalf of the player in order to complete the game.
- If a player becomes disconnected while involved in a game with multiple players, where the result is affected by the time to respond to a game event, such as Poker or Blackjack, the game shall make a selection on behalf of the player in order to complete the game.
DISCONNECTION POLICY - POKER
The normal disconnection protection feature is not available on certain types of tables (all tournaments and some specifically marked ring-game tables). These tables will have ‘No DP’ next to their names in the Lobby. On these tables, when a player who is invested in the current pot is deemed to be disconnected, the system will award additional time for them to return and rejoin the game.
The amount of time awarded will depend on the current pot size:
- For stud games ‘X’ is lower stake
- For flop games, ‘X’ is big blind
For non heads-up tables:
- No time added if pot size is up to 5xX
- 20 seconds if the pot is more than 5xX and up to 20xX
- 30 seconds if the pot is more than 20xX and up to 40xX
- 45 seconds if the pot is more than 40xX and up to 80xX
- 60 seconds if the pot is more than 80xX
For heads-up tables:
- 20 seconds if the pot is more than 0 and up to 5xX
- 30 seconds if the pot is more than 5xX and up to 10xX
- 45 seconds if the pot is more than 10xX
The system will wait for additional time only if the current player who is deemed to be disconnected is: a) invested in the pot and b) his current options do not contain a ‘Check’ option. We call this feature a ‘lifeline’. Lifelines are simply the extra time a player will be given to choose what to do if they are disconnected when it is their turn to act. We strongly discourage abuse of this feature by penalizing players deemed to be using it intentionally with the possibility of losing both chips and money. The player will be given 60 seconds to reconnect, including the lifeline. If the player reconnects on the 56th second, they will then have at least 20 seconds to act, this is the extra ‘bet time-out’ period.
Here’s a brief breakdown of tables and tournaments which feature lifelines or the normal disconnect protection:
- Any table (normal, STT, MTT) can have either lifelines or DP; no table can have both features.
- All tournament tables are lifeline tables.
- Live-game tables can be either DP or lifeline tables.
- There is no lifeline tag added to STTs and MTTs listed in the Lobby.
- ‘No DP’ will be added to the Lobby listings for live games if they are lifeline tables.
An unlimited number of lifelines are available to our players, as long as the conditions given above are met.
We’ll send the player a chat message when our software decides to award additional time as a result of a disconnection.
If a player who is deemed to be disconnected has the option to check, our software will automatically carry out this action without awarding any additional time.
Tournament Disconnection Protection
Sit & Go single-table tournament and Sit & Go multi-table tournament
Disconnection protection is not available in any Sit & Go tournaments. Your hand will automatically be folded if you lose your connection.
Disconnection protection is not available in any multi-table tournaments. Your hand will automatically be folded if you lose your connection.
The deal-making process will continue as normal, even if you are disconnected while discussing a deal with another player, giving rise to the following scenarios:
- You reconnect while the deal is still taking place and rejoin the process.
- You do not reconnect before the deal is rejected because the deal-making time has elapsed.
- Other players have rejected the deal while you were disconnected, and play has resumed.
- Disconnection is treated as an implicit rejection of a deal, if a deal must be approved by all the players at the table, it will fail unless you reconnect and confirm it in the allotted time.
GAME CANCELLATION POLICY - POKER
Real Money Games
If a game is cancelled while a hand is in play, the hand in progress will be cancelled and the player balances will revert to the balances from the start of the hand Play Money games. Players will be refunded the exact amount of chips they originally brought to the table, as we don’t record all Play Money hand information.
Poker Tournament Cancellation
For Single Table Sit & Go tournaments, Multi-Table Sit & Go tournaments and Multi-Table tournaments, if a tournament is cancelled for technical reasons, the following refund policy will take effect:
- If the tournament has not yet started:
- All registered players will be refunded their buy-in and entry fee.
- Eliminated players at the time of cancellation will not be refunded their buy-in or entry fee.
- Players still in the tournament will be refunded their buy-in and entry fee.
- Any buy-ins (excluding entry fees) collected from players who have been eliminated from the tournament will be distributed on a percentage basis to the remaining players according to each remaining player’s chip count.
- The tournament will only pay out funds which have been collected in buy-ins. Any guaranteed prize pool amount from the tournament will not be a relevant factor in calculating payouts.
- Eliminated players at the time of cancellation will not be refunded their buy-in or entry fee.
- Players still in the tournament will be refunded the amount that would have been awarded to the next player to be eliminated from the tournament.
- 50% of the remaining prize pool will be distributed equally between the remaining players, and 50% will be distributed on a percentage basis according to each player’s chip count. The remaining players will also be refunded their entry fee.
If a tournament is cancelled for technical reasons, the following refund policy will take effect:
- If the tournament has not yet started:
- All players will be refunded their buy-in and entry fee.
- Eliminated players at the time of cancellation will not be refunded their buy-in or entry fee.
- Players still in the tournament will be refunded the amount that would have been awarded to the next player to be eliminated from the tournament.
- 50% of the remaining prize-pool will be distributed equally between the remaining players, and 50% will be distributed on a percentage basis according to each player’s chip count.
- The pre-determined bounty amount will form part of the total prize-pool if this has not already been won.
- The remaining players will NOT be refunded their entry fee.
- A SPINS tournament will be deemed as started only when the first card is dealt.
- With each rebuy and add-on, the total chips in the tournament will increase. The total chips in rebuy tournaments will be equal to the sum of all players starting chips (including extra starting chips, if any), plus the sum of chips given to all players through a rebuy request, plus the sum of chips given to all players through an add-on request. The total chips in the tournament will continue to accumulate as and when players make a rebuy request, and the final number will be calculated only when the add-on period is over.
- If a tournament crashes during the add-on period, the exact count of total chips in the tournament at the time of crash (including the chips added into the tournament as a result of rebuy and add-on requests) will be used to distribute the balance of the prize-pool money.
- If a Satellite tournament is offering a guaranteed prize; the guaranteed prize is only guaranteed and paid out if the late registration period closes after the specified number of blind levels. If the tournament completes while late registration is still open, only monies collected will be distributed in prizes to players in the form of tickets, tournament dollars and/or cash, which will be based on how the prize structure is configured.
- The tournament disconnection protection and cancellation policy applies to all tournaments.
- We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule tournaments at any time, for any reason, with or without notice. We reserve the right to amend our poker tournament rules and policies at any time without notice. Such amendments will take effect as soon as they are listed on the Tournament Rules page of the website. It is the player’s sole responsibility to review the tournament rules and policies before entering a tournament.
- The poker tournament rules and policies contained herein represent the complete understanding between the player and the site with respect to the player’s activities at any tournament, except as otherwise specified in any poker tournament rules pertaining to a particular tournament, as posted on the website.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, all use of the website by a player is governed by the General Terms of Service. In the event of any dispute, these Terms of Service will apply.
Player Protection (Responsible Gaming)
At BetMGM, we believe that online gambling “when done in the spirit of fun” can offer an unsurpassed level of excitement. However, when in those instances a person exhibits problem-gambling behavior, we believe it is our responsibility to offer information and assistance.
This page was created to inform customers of the risks associated with problem gambling and to serve as a means of prevention to those who are at risk for developing a gambling problem. Please take a moment to read through this information, as it will provide you with the means to maximize your enjoyment while gambling responsibly.
Like many other addictions, gambling addiction is rooted in an uncontrollable urge and obsession, which if left unchecked, can lead to financial hardship. Pathological gambling has been listed as a recognized psychological disorder in the international classification systems DSM-V and ICD-10 since 1980. It is defined as persistent, recurring and often increasing gambling despite negative personal and social consequences such as debt, breakdown of social relations and impairment of professional development.
Unfortunately, one of the most common symptoms of this disease is deception; people with gambling problems will go to great lengths to hide their gambling related problems, not just from others, but also from themselves. As a result, detection can come late after adverse consequences are revealed and with dire consequences. A negative vicious cycle often develops, wherein the gambler seeks relief or even a solution through increased gambling. The ensuing financial and emotional deterioration affects every aspect of the affected person’s life, from family and friends to colleagues and associates.
Gambling addiction is a disease that does not discriminate. Anyone is susceptible regardless of gender, age, race, or financial status. Fortunately, once detected, it is an addiction that can be successfully treated.
- Sacrificing time from work or family in order to gamble.
- Repeated inability to stop or control betting.
- Borrowing money to gamble or to pay off previous bets.
- Use of gambling as an emotional escape.
- Self-neglect or neglect of family due to gambling.
- Lying about time or money lost to betting.
- Gambling more in order to recoup previous losses (“chasing losses”).
- Obtaining money for gambling by selling/pawning personal property.
- Feelings of hopelessness, depression or suicide.
We strongly encourage all of our players to know their limits and stay within them. Review the rest of this information to find out more about how we’re creating a fair and responsible gambling environment for everyone to enjoy.
BetMGM aims to provide the world’s safest and most innovative betting platform. With our fair and responsible product line-up, every user can play within their financial means and receive the best service possible. BetMGM commits itself to integrity, fairness and reliability and we always do our best to prevent gambling-related problems.
Together with leading research institutes, associations and counselling providers, we have developed measures that ensure a responsible, safe and reliable place for online gambling.
- Real Fairness
It is our responsibility to create a gambling environment that is founded on the spirit of fair play. The trust of our customers is fundamental to our success. Customer confidence is reliant on us safeguarding the fairness of the games and protecting our customers against fraud. We work closely with independent authorities which monitor the fairness of the gambling products we offer. When it comes to fraud and manipulation, our dedicated investigation and online monitoring teams ensure your protection.
- Real Security
BetMGM is subject to strict regulatory oversight, and we comply with a wide range of laws, rules, standards and regulations throughout various jurisdictions. Regular verification of compliance by means of independent reviews confirms that random number generators work as they should, that your deposits are kept safe in segregated accounts and that your personal data is protected.
- Real Prevention
For many people around the world, gambling is a great source of entertainment. Unfortunately, some individuals experience problems related to their gambling, which vary in degree from mild to very severe. We are committed to identifying risks as early as possible and intervening to prevent these problems before they emerge. We have in place a Responsible Gaming program which includes controls to help customers play within their limits and avoid a situation where gambling causes problems (see section ‘Setting Player Gaming Limits’).
- Real Education
GameSense was introduced by the British Columbia Lottery Corporation in 2009 and has earned international recognition, such as the World Lottery Association’s ‘Best Overall Responsible Gambling Problem’ and the U.S. National Council on Problem Gambling’s ‘Social Responsibility Award’. GameSense combines recommendations on responsible gaming with interactive tools and exhibits meant to engage patrons at MGM Resorts and Ontario casinos and through various digital platforms, including the comprehensive website and associated social media channels.
Responsible Gaming Behavior
By observing the following rules, you will be able to better enjoy your gambling experience:
- Gamble for fun and not as a way to earn money.
- Only play when you are relaxed and concentrated.
- Take regular breaks.
- Keep track of your gambling. Consult the overview of your gambling transactions in your account.
- Decide your monthly gambling budget in advance.
- Only gamble what you can afford to lose.
- Independently of our standard deposit limits, you may set a lower amount as your own personal limit.
- Once you’ve set your limit, stay within it. Increasing it later may lead to excessive play.
- Before you start playing, decide the winning amount at which you will end the game.
- Decide beforehand how high your losses can be, and be comfortable ending the game once you’ve reached your limit.
- Never play under the influence of alcohol or medication.
- Never play if you are feeling depressed.
There are myths associated with gambling, such as:
- My luck will change if I keep gambling and I’m sure I’ll win my money back.
- I am due for a win.
- If I play multiple games at a time, I’ll increase my chances of winning.
- I have a special strategy that helps me win.
- I have a gut feeling that today is my lucky day.
- While having rituals and believing the next spin is “the one” can be fun and add to your enjoyment, it’s important to understand just how random the games and events are. Remember, the house has the advantage, and you’re likely to lose more than you win over time, so stay within your limits and keep it fun.
There are many risks associated with problem gambling, including:
- A negative impact on relationships and family life.
- Financial difficulties, including maxing out credit cards and increasing debts.
- A range of emotional, physical, and psychological health problems.
- An adverse effect on an individual’s ability to perform well at work.
We would like to stress that diagnoses relating to clinical disorders, such as problem gambling, can only be made by trained specialists. This page offers material which will allow you to quickly assess and consider your own behavior. If you can identify with four or more of the following characteristics, we recommend that you speak to a professional:
- Are you highly involved in gambling?
- Do your thoughts constantly turn to gambling?
- Are you constantly increasing your stakes? Even beyond your financial means?
- Have you unsuccessfully attempted to quit or cut down your gambling?
- Do you become irritated and frustrated after attempting to reduce the extent of your gambling?
- Does gambling serve as a means of getting away from problems or unpleasant feelings?
- Have you ever tried to win back losses by taking risks you usually would not take?
- Have ever you lied about the extent or success of your gambling?
- Has your gambling ever led to a negative impact on your relationships or your job?
- Have you ever been forced to rely on others to finance your gambling?
BetMGM offers a variety of responsible gambling tools to help players stay in control of their gambling. To learn more about these tools, visit the Responsible Gambling section under your “Account Settings”.
We offer a range of different options that can be used to manage your gambling activity at any time. This includes tools which allow you to limit the amount you can deposit, wager or lose; time limits to help you control how much time you spend gambling; or the option to place a “timeout” on your account from gaming for a period of time.
Once you have previously established a gaming limit, any request to relax or eliminate that limit will only be effective after a cooling-off period of at least 24 hours. Any limit you heighten will be effective immediately. You will receive an instant notification regarding all limits you have set and any changes to those limits.
Deposit and Wager Limits
Deposit and wager limits can be set on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and specify the maximum amount of money you can deposit into your internet gaming account during a particular period of time. All requests to set a new limit or to heighten previously established limits will be implemented immediately. All requests to relax or eliminate previously established limits will only become valid after a delay (1 day for daily limit, 7 days for weekly limits and 30 days for monthly limits) and an additional confirmation of the request. When a player sets simultaneous periods (e.g., a deposit limit for a day and for a week), the lowest limit must apply. Please go to Account --> Advanced Settings --> Deposit Limits to set a deposit/wager limit.
Loss limits can be offered on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and specify the maximum amount of money you can wager during a particular period of time. All requests to set a new limit or to heighten previously established limits will be implemented immediately; requests to relax or eliminate previously established limits will only become valid after a delay (1 day for daily limit, 7 days for weekly limits and 30 days for monthly limits) and an additional confirmation of the request. Please go to Account --> Advanced Settings --> Spending Limits to set a loss limit.
Time-based limits are offered on a daily basis and specify the maximum amount of time you may spend playing on the website (time is measured hourly from the time you log in to the time you log out). After exceeding this time period, you will be prevented from further play. All requests to set a new limit or to further restrict a previously established limit (i.e. going from playing 10 hours a day to 1 hour a day) will be implemented immediately; requests to eliminate a previously established limit or to relax a previously established limit (i.e. going from playing 1 hour a day to unlimited play) will only become valid after 30 days. Please go to Account --> Settings --> Time Management to set a time limit.
Timeout/Cooling Off Period
Should you need a timeout (“cooling off”) period from gambling, you can choose our timeout action. Please be aware that the timeout must be for a minimum of 24 hours (up to a maximum of 180 days) and that during that time period you will not be able to login to place a wager or deposit. Please contact Customer Service should you want your funds returned during that period. The account will be automatically reenabled after the selected timeout period has passed. Please go to Account --> Advanced Settings --> Self-Exclusion to timeout.
Should you need to take a longer break from gambling, we provide a timeout for up to 365 days. This timeout period means that your account will remain closed for a period of 12 months, and will not be reactivated under any circumstances during that period (unlike a standard account closure request). Please go to Account --> Advanced Settings --> Self-Exclusion to timeout.
We also provide a voluntary self-exclusion program for longer periods of six (6) months, one (1) year, or five (5) years. Once initiated, any remaining balance will be refunded and you will no longer be able to access your BetMGM account. Please go to Account --> Advanced Settings --> Self-Exclusion to voluntarily self-exclude.
Closing Your Account
If you want to permanently close your account for responsible gambling reasons, please contact our Customer Service department in order to do so.
There are a number of support organizations available which offer valuable information and advice across a range of areas. Details are below, including contact information for each organization.
ConnexOntario provides service information and resources for people experiencing problems with gambling, drugs, alcohol, or mental health. This 24/7 service is free, confidential and available anytime.
If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, confidential help is available via phone at 1-866-531-2600, via text to 247247 or at www.connexontario.ca/en-ca/.
Responsible Gambling Council (RGC)
This non-profit agency offers information and resources for problem gamblers and their loved ones. www.responsiblegambling.org/for-the-public/problem-gambling-help/
The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH)
CAMH provides educational and self-help resources for those who want to get back in control, and those who want to help them. www.problemgambling.ca/gambling-help/gambling-information/default.aspx
The YMCA Youth Gambling Awareness Program is a free service offering educational, preventive programs to raise awareness of the risks of gambling and promote healthy, active lifestyles for young people.
GamTalk features chatrooms and forums for those experiencing problems with gambling to connect with one another. Read and share stories, find information and support, and get links to helpful local professionals. www.gamtalk.org/
If you have any questions related to responsible gambling, please get in touch with our Responsible Gaming team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, it may take 24 to 48 hours before you receive a response. For immediate assistance, please contact Customer Service via the mobile portal (live chat feature is included), via e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at +1-343-488-5355.
Cash Out Terms and Conditions
We may offer the ‘Cash Out’ option for placed bets: You will have the option to accept settlement of bets You have placed before the result of the bet is determined. The ‘Cash Out’ amount is calculated based on the current odds and is subject to change depending on when you chose to accept a ‘Cash Out’. If ‘Cash Out’ is available for a placed bet, the corresponding symbol will be displayed in the ‘My Bets’ section (live betting) or the ‘Cash Out’ section (sports betting – pre-match) of the betslip.
- The ‘Cash Out’ functionality is available for single and multi-bets only. Round Robin bets are not part of the ‘Cash Out’ functionality.
- Any ‘Cash Out’ selection will not count towards wagering restrictions if bonuses are used to place the bet.
- If any bet is frozen or closed immediately after the patron’s request, but before the conclusion of the ‘Cash Out’, the ‘Cash Out’ will be blocked.
- If the ‘Cash Out’ value has changed immediately after the patron’s request, but before the conclusion of the ‘Cash Out’, the ‘Cash Out’ will be blocked unless the patron opted for ‘accept all payout values’ in his settings.
- We reserve the right to withdraw or suspend ‘Cash Out’ offers without further notice.
- We do not guarantee the availability of ‘Cash Out’ offers for any event or betting type at any time, even if it has been offered for the same event or betting type before.
- We cannot be made liable in case ‘Cash Out’ is not available for technical or any other reasons. We explicitly recommend that You should not place bets based on the assumption that ‘Cash Out’ will be available at any point in time for that bet.
- If We accept a ‘Cash Out’ when the result of a bet has already been determined, We reserve the right to void the ‘Cash Out’ and reclaim associated funds. We also reserve the right to void and reclaim any ‘Cash Out’ if there is any indication of abuse of the ‘Cash Out’ feature.
- The ‘Cash Out’ functionality is not available for bets placed as ‘Bonus Bets’.
Auto & Notify Cash Out Terms and Conditions
- Auto Cash Out & Notify Cash Out are available on markets that have Cash Out enabled. For information on Cash Out, please see the Cash Out Terms & Conditions.
- Where an Auto Cash Out request has been made and Cash Out is unavailable, and not made available again before the end of an event, bets will be settled based on the final result.
- If Cash Out is actioned manually for a bet, any existing Auto Cash Out or Notify Cash Out requests relating to that bet will be automatically removed and no longer apply.
- The availability of the Auto Cash Out & Notify Cash Out features cannot be guaranteed and is not offered on all bets.
- We shall not be responsible if the Auto Cash Out or Notify Cash Out features are not available for technical reasons and bets will stand as originally placed during any such period.
- When a bet is live, all Cash Outs are subject to a live betting delay. This can mean that the Auto Cash Out process can start when the stated value is reached, but if the value of the Cash Out falls below the set amount before the live bet delay is complete, the Auto Cash Out may not complete.
- Please note that Auto Cash Out & Notify Cash Out are not guaranteed. In some circumstances, we may be unable to automatically cash out your bet(s) or send notifications, despite this appearing to be possible on the relevant sections of the website/app.
- Auto Cash Out is independent of Cash Out settings, meaning that Auto Cash Out will ignore any Cash Out Value Change settings that are in place in the account. This means that Auto Cash Out will only complete at or above the value stated by the patron for each bet.
- We reserve the right to amend, suspend, or remove the Auto Cash Out and/or Notify Cash Out features at any time for any event, fixture, or market. Any bets placed on such events, fixtures, or markets prior to such amendment, suspension, or removal of the Auto Cash Out and/or Notify Cash Out functionality, shall stand as originally placed.
- We reserve the right to reverse the settlement of a bet that has been settled using Auto Cash Out if the bet or a market is settled in error.
- Notifications may be subject to delay, and we shall not be responsible for any delays in notifications being sent or received.
- Cash Out values are subject to change and patrons should be aware that the Cash Out value available may be different to the Cash Out value stated in the notification.
Edit My Bet Terms and Conditions
- Edit My Bet is available on selected events, fixtures, and markets both pre-match and live for a variety of sports.
- When an Edit My Bet request is made, the current bet is subject to a Cash Out before the new bet with the edited changes is placed.
- A bet delay may occur when validating an Edit My Bet request. If the price changes or a market is suspended during this time, the Edit My Bet request may not be successful.
- Any settings already in place with regard to Cash Out value changes and/or betslip odds changes will continue to apply during the Edit My Bet process. Those settings can be amended within the ‘Betting Settings’ in your player account.
- Where any selection is suspended or closed after the patron’s request, and before the conclusion of the Edit My Bet process, the Edit My Bet will be unsuccessful.
- If an Edit My Bet request is unsuccessful after the request is confirmed, the original bet may have been Cashed Out, which shall mean the Cash Out value of the original bet was returned to the player’s account in error. We will strive to return any such bets to the state they were in prior to the unsuccessful Edit My Bet request, provided that the bet has not yet been settled. We reserve the right to retrieve any funds which are incorrectly refunded to player account balances.
- If the Edit My Bet request is successful, the new selected bet will be placed using either (a) the sum equal to the Cash Out of the original bet and, where applicable, (b) the increased/decreased stake selected during the Edit My Bet process. The bet details will be displayed within the “My Bets” section of the player account.
- The Cash Out value is subject to change in line with the general market while the Edit My Bet process is ongoing.
- Where a bet has been edited using our Edit My Bet feature, the final stake on the last settled bet will be eligible to contribute towards a turnover requirement, provided that the selections meet the qualifying criteria. This means that the original stake placed on the original bet will be disregarded for turnover requirement purposes.
- Using the Edit My Bet feature may impact the eligibility of your bet for available promotions. It is the player’s responsibility to check the Terms and Conditions of each promotion before using the Edit My Bet feature.
- The availability of the Edit My Bet feature cannot be guaranteed and is not offered on all bet types.
- Where Edit My Bet is available pre-event and we do not cover the event live, the Edit My Bet feature will only be available before the event.
- The Edit My Bet feature shall take into account all betting limits, which shall be calculated in the same manner as any standard bet. If the Edit My Bet functionality causes a bet limit to be met, the Edit My Bet request may be declined.
- We shall not be responsible if the Edit My Bet feature is not available for technical reasons and bets shall stand as originally placed during any such period.
- We reserve the right to accept or decline any bet/wager requested for any sport, competition, market, or bet type when attempting to use Edit My Bet.
- We reserve the right to amend, suspend, or remove the Edit My Bet feature at any time for any event, fixture, or market. Any bets placed on such events, fixtures, or markets prior to such amendment, suspension, or removal of the Edit My Bet functionality, shall stand as originally placed.
- We reserve the right to reverse the settlement of a bet that has been edited using Edit My Bet if the bet or a market is settled in error.
Sports Rewards - Terms and Conditions
- Where offered, a “Sports Reward” acts as a restricted cash bonus with wagering requirements. When you place a wager, both the stake + winnings will settle into your account if your bet wins.
Ex. If you receive a $50 sports reward with a 2x wagering requirement, you must bet through $100 dollars (2x the $50 bonus) in order for the funds to become unrestricted and eligible for withdrawal.
Sports Rewards - Bonus Bet - Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to the specific promotional offers in our sports betting and live betting line-up called and displayed as “Bonus Bet”. Click here to place a bet.
In addition to these Bonus Bet Terms and Conditions, our General Terms of Service apply. In the event of any conflict or inconsistency between these Bonus Bet Terms and Conditions and our General Terms of Service, these Bonus Bet Terms and Conditions shall prevail, followed by the General Terms of Service, but only to the extent necessary to resolve such conflict or inconsistency.
- Where offered, a “Bonus Bet” entitles You to place a bet without prior deduction of the stake from Your account balance. The amount that is used for the calculation of the possible winnings of this bet (“Bonus Bet Value”) will be displayed as a “Stake”.
- Bonus Bets can be subject to certain restrictions. For instance, they can be only valid for certain sports or leagues or for bets placed on specific devices. In such cases, the respective restriction will be displayed in the Bonus Bet overview.
- If the selection in your bet slip can be played with a Bonus Bet, the respective Bonus Bet will be offered to you automatically in your bet slip. You can then play the selection as a Bonus Bet or use the Bonus Bet at a later point in time.
- Available Bonus Bets are displayed on the website above the betslip. By clicking on this area, you can open the Bonus Bet overview, which lists all of your Bonus Bets that can still be used.
- Unless otherwise stated, Bonus Bets will only be available to real-money players, and you are required to make an initial deposit of at least $10 into your account in order to participate.
- Where a Bonus Bet is settled as “won,” you will be credited with Bonus Bet winnings which will be equal to the Bonus Bet value multiplied by the odds stated on the betslip minus the Bonus Bet value.
- If a bet placed using a Bonus Bet is settled as ‘cancelled’, that Bonus Bet will be deemed invalid.
- If a Bonus Bet is settled as a ‘dead heat’ (d/h) and the corresponding dead heat odds become < 1.0, no funds shall be deducted from You.
- A Bonus Bet can be placed as one single bet or one multi-bet, but the Bonus Bet value cannot be split between various bet placements. Multiple single bets, Round Robin and bankers are excluded from Bonus Bets.
- Where offered, a Bonus Bet can only be used once and within the time frame displayed on screen. If the validity time expires without the Bonus Bet being used, the Bonus Bet will become invalid.
- A Bonus Bet can only be used for our sports betting or live betting products. All other products are excluded.
- Where there are specific conditions that apply for selected betting options, for example minimum odds, multi-bet restrictions, etc., these restrictions will also apply for Bonus Bets.
- If the player’s betting limits are less than the Bonus Bet value, the Bonus Bet will have to be forfeited.
- The company does not guarantee the availability of Bonus Bets on all devices and browser versions.
- Bonus Bets are considered “bonuses” for the purposes of evaluating abuse.
Same Game Parlay Terms & Conditions
- Same Game Parlay is only available on selected sports, and patrons can only place a wager on this before the event starts. Same Game Parlay is not available In-Play.
- Same Game Parlay is not eligible for Cash Out or Edit My Bet.
- Same Game Parlay cannot be combined with other Same Game Parlay or other Parlay or Round Robin betting opportunities and will be placed as a straight only.
- A minimum of two picks and a maximum of 10 picks from a single game can be included in a Same Game Parlay wager.
- If a pick within a Same Game Parlay is cancelled, then the entire Same Game Parlay will be cancelled. For example, if your touchdown scorer pick does not take part in the game, the entire wager will be cancelled, regardless of the outcome of the other selections.
- BetMGM will not be responsible if the Same Game Parlay feature is not available for technical reasons.
- BetMGM reserves the right to reverse the settlement of a Same Game Parlay if any of the picks have been settled incorrectly.
- BetMGM reserves the right to reverse settlement or cancel any open Same Game Parlay at any time.
- BetMGM reserves the right to remove the Same Game Parlay feature for any patron or group of patrons where it has reasonable grounds to believe that the patron or group of patrons is misusing the feature.
- Any reference to ‘bet’ refers to the entire contents of a Same Game Parlay bet slip. Any reference to a ‘selection’ is in reference to one selection within the related bet. A Same Game Parlay bet is the combined bet compromised of all component selections.
- For any obvious pricing errors, we reserve the right to cancel/void any bets placed at that incorrect price. See the BetMGM House Rules for a full description of rights in the event of an Obvious Error.
- We reserve the right to cancel/void any bets on events where the venue is changed after the publication of odds.
- If “Odds Boost” is offered, you will be entitled to increase the odds of a bet (“boost”). The increased odds and the resulting increased winnings will be displayed directly on the betslip.
- Odds Boost may be subject to restrictions: for example, they may only be valid for certain sports or may only be used on certain devices. In such cases you will be informed of the restrictions in the Odds Boost overview. Odds Boosts may not be used for special offers.
- As soon as the odds of the selected bet have been increased using Odds Boost, the original odds will be greyed out and the increased odds will be automatically displayed on the betslip. The resulting winnings (“Boost Winnings”) will also be displayed. You can then place your selection with the Odds Boost or use the Odds Boost at a later date.
- Available Odds Boosts will be displayed above the betslip (desktop) or directly in your account (mobile device). You can access the rewards overview via the banner, in which all of the available rewards will be displayed.
- If not otherwise stated, Odds Boosts are only available to real-money players. You must make an initial deposit of at least $10 into your account in order to use an Odds Boost.
- If a bet concluded with an Odds Boost is settled as “won”, the winnings and the “Boost Winnings” will be paid out in cash. Odds Boost winnings may only be used by “real-money players” to place subsequent bets. A new patron may only pay out potential winnings from an Odds Boost bet that won, or use the winnings for other bets once they have achieved the status of a “real-money player” and have made a deposit and placed a real-money bet.
- If a bet placed using an Odds Boost is settled as “cancelled” or “lost”, the Odds Boost will lose its validity and may not be used again for another bet. The same applies if a bet concluded using an Odds Boost is paid out or changed using the “Cash Out,” “Auto Cash Out,” or “Edit My Bet” features.
- If a bet concluded with an “Odds Boost” settled as a dead heat (d/h) and the relevant dead heat odds drop below 1.00, the Odds Boost will lose its validity and the bet will be deemed “cancelled”.
- An Odds Boost may be used for one (1) single bet or one (1) Parlay bet. The Odds Boost may not be spread across multiple bets. Multiple single bets, bets placed using the Same Game Parlay feature, system bets, and banker bets are excluded from use with Odds Boosts.
- If an Odds Boost is offered, it may only be used once and only within the period displayed on the screen. If the validity period expires without the Odds Boost being used, the Odds Boost will become invalid.
- An Odds Boost may only be used for our sports betting and live betting products. All other products are excluded.
- If special conditions (such as minimum odds, restrictions for Parlay bets, etc.) apply to specific betting options or promotions, these restrictions will also apply to Odds Boosts.
- For promotions, bets which are concluded using an Odds Boost will count with the odds displayed before the boost, and not with the increased odds.
- BetMGM cannot guarantee the availability of Odds Boosts on all devices and on all browsers.