Terms and Conditions
The following rules (referred to as “Terms and Conditions”) form the basis of participation in the MGM Resorts International (“MGM”) MGM Rewards Program (“MGM Rewards” or the “Program”). Your participation in this Program will be governed by these Terms and Conditions. It is your responsibility to read these Terms and Conditions so that you understand the Program’s rules and benefits and your responsibilities under the Program. Your enrollment as a member of the MGM Rewards Program and/or your use of your MGM Rewards card constitutes your acceptance of the Program’s Terms and Conditions.
- Subject to applicable law and MGM company policies, MGM Rewards membership generally is available to any person 21 years of age or older with valid, government-issued photo identification. Types of valid photo identification include Driver’s License, Passport, Ontario Photo Cards or Military Identification. Eligible individuals may enroll in the MGM Rewards Program at certain MGM websites, via certain MGM mobile applications, at an MGM Rewards desk location (or at another designated or approved MGM Rewards location, sportsbook location, race and sports location or other location) at participating MGM Rewards destinations (each such desk and other designated or MGM-approved location are referred to herein as an “MGM Rewards station”), via a participating BetMGM gaming platform (e.g., mobile application or website), or as otherwise authorized by MGM. MGM Rewards enrollment and membership can only be activated by presentation of valid identification at an MGM Rewards station at participating MGM Rewards destinations or as otherwise authorized by MGM. An MGM Rewards card (the “Card”) may be issued to each MGM Rewards member, and an associated MGM Rewards account created, subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- Only individual persons are eligible for MGM Rewards Program membership; corporations or other entities cannot become MGM Rewards members. All eligible individuals may generally enroll in the MGM Rewards Program, including immediate family members of MGM employees (as defined in BetMGM Internal Policy) and individuals who reside in the same household as MGM employees subject to certain restrictions involving wagering and participation in certain promotions.
- Up to two (2) eligible MGM Rewards members residing at the same address may link accounts to share certain MGM Rewards benefits. The members must jointly contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1-343-488-5355 to link their accounts. Either member may request via Customer Service that a link be removed from his/her account. MGM Rewards Cards, accounts, points, Express Comps, Tier Credits and/or benefits cannot otherwise be combined among members, their estates, successors or assigns. Neither accrued MGM Rewards points, Express Comps, or Tier Credits, nor MGM Rewards benefits are transferable by a member (i) upon death, (ii) as part of a domestic relations matter, or (iii) by operation of law.
- Each member is responsible for selecting a confidential Personal Identification Number (PIN) for his/her account as well as online log-in credentials (whether accessed through a personal computer or mobile device, our websites, or other authorized electronic means), and for keeping the PIN and log-in credentials secure. Each member is responsible for all transactions on his/her account when his/her confidential PIN or log-in credentials are used.
- A member is required to present valid, government-issued photo identification bearing the same name as stated on his/her MGM Rewards Card when requesting that his/her confidential PIN be reset or changed.
- Duplicate MGM Rewards Cards will be issued to a member with proper identification. Neither the MGM Rewards Program nor MGM is responsible for lost or stolen MGM Rewards Cards. The number of concurrently active Cards may be subject to limits set by MGM.
- Except as permitted by these Terms and Conditions, a member may not transfer, sell, purchase, trade or barter an MGM Rewards Card, MGM Rewards account, points, complimentaries (“comps”), Express Comps, FREEPLAY® offers, food and beverage offers, entertainment offers, Tier Credits or any membership benefit to another individual. Violators of this rule are subject to termination of MGM Rewards Program membership and forfeiture of rewards including, but not limited to, accumulated points, Express Comps, Tier Credits and/or benefits, and may be liable for damages and litigation costs, including any Program attorneys’ fees incurred in enforcing this rule.
- MGM Resorts International is a member of the American Gaming Association and adheres to its Code of Conduct for Responsible Gaming. Persons who are currently entered into the MGM Resorts International Self-Limit Access Program, Self-Exclusion Program of Mississippi, the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement’s Self-Exclusion Program and excluded individual’s list, Disassociated Persons Program of Michigan, Voluntary Self-Exclusion Program of Massachusetts, Voluntary Exclusion Program of Ohio, the Voluntary Exclusion Program of Maryland, the New York State Gaming Commission Voluntary Self-Exclusion list, the West Virginia Lottery’s Self-Exclusion list, the Indiana Gaming Commission’s Voluntary Exclusion Program or the Problem Gambling Coalition of Colorado’s Self-Exclusion Program, (or who are otherwise prohibited from participating by applicable law) are not eligible for membership in the MGM Rewards Program.
MGM Rewards Card Usage
- MGM Rewards benefits are based on a member’s expenditures for gaming play or certain non-gaming purchases at participating MGM Rewards destination with presentation or use of a member’s MGM Rewards Card, or expenditures for gaming play using a BetMGM gaming account linked to a member’s MGM Rewards account. Questions about the eligibility of earning Tier Credits for specific non-gaming purchases should be directed to the MGM Rewards desk at the participating MGM Rewards destination for the practice of that resort. Questions about the eligibility of earning Tier Credits for specific BetMGM bets or wagers should be directed to BetMGM Customer Services.
- To ensure proper recording of MGM Rewards loyalty balances including, but not limited to, Tier Credits, Express Comps, and points for electronic gaming activity, each MGM Rewards member is responsible for properly inserting his/her MGM Rewards Card into a slot machine, video lottery terminal (VLT), electronic table game (ETG), or other authorized device prior to play.
- To ensure proper recording of MGM Rewards loyalty balances, including, but not limited to Tier Credits through the BetMGM platform, members are responsible for ensuring their BetMGM account is linked to their MGM Rewards account. Please contact Member Services if assistance is required.
- To ensure proper recording of MGM Rewards loyalty balances including, but not limited to, Tier Credits and Express Comps at certain participating MGM Rewards destinations, members must present their MGM Rewards Card to a table games pit supervisor prior to table games play. MGM Rewards members must satisfy minimum betting requirements to be rated for table games. Please see a table games pit supervisor at participating MGM Rewards destinations for such assistance.
- To ensure proper recording of MGM Rewards loyalty balances including, but not limited to, Tier Credits for eligible non-gaming purchases at participating MGM Rewards destinations, each member is responsible for presenting his/her MGM Rewards Card at the point of sale. Members may earn Tier Credits by associating their MGM Rewards account number to their hotel folio by contacting the Front Desk and subsequently charging purchases to their hotel folio. However, MGM Rewards Cards are not credit cards.
- An MGM Rewards member may not accrue MGM Rewards loyalty balances including, but not limited to, Tier Credits, Express Comps, and points and/or “comps” or any other membership benefits if his/her MGM Rewards Card is used by another individual.
Redemption of Benefits and Rewards
- Members may earn Tier Credits during the applicable Tier Status Earning Year which annually begins January 1 and ends December 31 (unless otherwise indicated by MGM). Subject to promotional offers and MGM discretion, Tier Credits accumulated during a Tier Status Earning Year determine a member’s Tier Level for the following Tier Status Benefit Year which annually begins February 1 and ends January 31 (unless otherwise indicated by MGM). The types of benefits and rewards (“Tier Benefits”) that are available to a member during a Tier Status Benefits Year are based on that member’s Tier Level during that Tier Status Benefits Year. In addition, a member may advance to one or more higher Tier Levels at any time during a given Tier Status Earning Year if the member has earned and/or accumulated the minimum amount of Tier Credits required for such higher Tier Level(s) (as identified by MGM and listed on its MGM Rewards Program website). A member who advances to a higher Tier Level(s) in this manner will retain such higher Tier Level(s) for the remainder of the current Tier Status Benefit Year and the entirety of the following Tier Status Benefit Year. For example, if a member at Sapphire Tier Level advances to the Pearl Tier Level in October 2020, that member would maintain the Pearl Tier Level status for the remainder of 2020, all of 2021, and through February 1, 2022 (subject to subsequent Tier Level advancements, if any, as provided herein). Tier Benefits (as identified by MGM including those listed on its MGM Rewards Program website) are available to members of the corresponding Tier Level on the date on which a member has earned and/or accumulated the Tier Credits required for such Tier Level.
- A member’s accumulated points and Express Comps may be subject to forfeiture if the member’s MGM Rewards account does not reflect any activity (which means earning points or earning Tier Credits) for a period of six (6) months for Sapphire Members or a period of twelve (12) months for Pearl, Gold, Platinum and NOIR Members. Express Comps may not be earned, nor are they redeemable, at certain casinos, resorts, and properties of MGM. Express Comps may only be acquired via certain BetMGM gaming platforms in limited situations but are not redeemable on any BetMGM gaming platform.
- A member may be required to present valid government-issued photo identification bearing the same name as stated on his/her MGM Rewards Card in order to redeem rewards, including Express Comps or points and/ or “comps” or receive tier benefits.
- MGM Rewards loyalty balances including, but not limited to, Tier Credits, Express Comps, and points and “comps” have no cash value.
- Tier Credits may not be converted to points or FREEPLAY. Express Comps may not be converted to FREEPLAY. With certain limited exceptions at select casinos and properties of MGM, Express Comps may not be converted to points.
- Redemption and/or usage of MGM Rewards loyalty balances including, but not limited to, Express Comps, points, and FREEPLAY, “comps”, tier benefits or MGM Rewards Moments by a member is subject to limitations determined in the sole discretion of management.
- MGM Rewards members who qualify for gaming-related allowance programs (i.e., those that may result in reduction of a member’s gaming indebtedness) are not eligible to earn Express Comps. Further, allowances received by a member, at the sole and absolute discretion of management, may be applied to reduce a member’s accumulated Express Comps and/or point balance.
- Members whose gaming-related indebtedness remains unpaid for a period of at least sixty (60) days after incurrence, may have the member’s accumulated Express Comps and/or point balance forfeited at the sole and absolute discretion of management.
- Any tax liability resulting from the accumulation or use of MGM Rewards Program benefits is the obligation of the MGM Rewards member.
General Program Conditions
- Violation of the terms and conditions of the MGM Rewards Program, including fraud, misrepresentation, misuse of a Card or an MGM Rewards account to manipulate accumulation of rewards or misuse of MGM Rewards loyalty balances including, but not limited to, points, FREEPLAY and/or Express Comps by a member, or other improper conduct as determined by management, or if the member has been barred from the resort(s) or from gaming play by the management for business reasons that management determines are appropriate, may subject the member, without limitation, to termination of MGM Rewards Program membership, demotion of the member’s account status, forfeiture of all of the member’s benefits including, but not limited to, accumulated points, Tier Credits, Tier benefits, FREEPLAY and/or Express Comps and/or appropriate administrative and/or legal action by MGM or applicable governmental authorities. In addition, MGM reserves the rights to take appropriate legal action to recover damages, including its attorneys’ fees incurred in prosecuting or defending any lawsuit related hereto.
- Membership in the Program and accumulation of MGM Rewards loyalty balances including, but not limited to, Tier Credits, Express Comps, and points and/or benefits do not confer any enforceable contract or vested property rights with respect to Program benefits.
Changes to the MGM Rewards Program
- MGM Rewards members acknowledge and agree that MGM Rewards membership and its benefits are provided at the discretion of management. Management reserves the right to unilaterally change, amend, suspend, cancel or terminate any aspect of the MGM Rewards Program, its benefits and/or its Terms and Conditions in whole or in part, at any time, with or without notice for any or no reason. This means that management in its sole discretion may at any time, among other things, (1) amend, modify or withdraw any of the MGM Rewards Program Terms and Conditions, (2) cancel, revoke, forfeit or change any member’s membership status, points, Express Comps, Tier Credits, Program benefits and/or promotions, (3) change the value of accumulated or future points, point multipliers, Tier Credits, Express Comps or benefits, (4) adjust points, Express Comps, FREEPLAY or Tier Credit balances and/or otherwise restrict the continued availability of awards, benefits, special offers or promotions, and/or (5) forfeit any MGM Rewards loyalty balances not yet redeemed for reasons management deems appropriate (such as, but not limited to, technical malfunction, error, or any of the listed items above). Management may make one or more of these changes at any time even though such changes may affect a member’s comps, Express Comps or ability to use accumulated points or receive accrued benefits. Management will make reasonable efforts to notify MGM Rewards members of general Program changes that may adversely alter, diminish, forfeit or terminate members’ benefits at least thirty (30) days prior to the effective date of such changes, except where the termination or adjustment of member benefits is based on the matters described in any of the listed items above as determined in the sole judgment of management, in which case the changes may result without notice to the member(s).
- The MGM Rewards Program is not responsible for products or services offered by other companies that may participate in benefits, offers or special promotions provided to members.
- All decisions concerning the interpretation and application or administration of MGM Rewards Program Terms and Conditions are within the sole discretion of management and any dispute regarding the accumulation of points, Express Comps or Tier Credits maintained in an MGM Rewards account, and/or the forfeiture of points, Express Comps, Tier Credits, Tier benefits or other MGM Rewards benefits will be reviewed by management. Management’s decision in any dispute will be final and binding subject to regulatory approval as required under applicable law. By enrolling in the MGM Rewards Program and/or using your Card, all members acknowledge that such applicable regulatory authority may have exclusive jurisdiction over all such disputes pertaining to the MGM Rewards Program. The courts of the state of the MGM Rewards resort where the dispute arose may have exclusive jurisdiction to review any regulatory decision made concerning an MGM Rewards dispute. MGM Rewards members agree not to file or participate in any form of class action against MGM or any of its affiliates related to the Program, and further agree to resolve any claim on an individual basis as set forth in these Terms and Conditions.
- If it is determined that the MGM Rewards Program has improperly denied a credit, benefit or award to a member, the member’s sole and exclusive remedy shall be the issuance of the improperly denied credit, benefit or award if available, or such other alternative comparable benefit as determined by management of the MGM Rewards Program, which shall not have additional liability whatsoever. In no event shall the MGM Rewards Program be liable to any member, or anyone claiming through a member, for any direct, indirect or consequential damages or lost revenue or profits, claimed to arise out of the acts or omissions of MGM Rewards Program management or any participating MGM Rewards destination in connection with the Program.
- The laws of the State of Nevada shall govern the validity, construction and interpretation of the Terms and Conditions of the MGM Rewards Program. No effect shall be given to any Nevada choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any other state.
- MGM Rewards members may request their personal Win/Loss Information Statement by logging into their account.